PDA

View Full Version : By By 230gal

KrazyKuch
03-14-2005, 05:26 AM
Well I was planning on buying a 230gal fish tank here in april but now it looks like thats not going to happen....on the way home from calgary today I was on the highway when all of a sudden my drivers side window blew up......so now I have no drivers side window and I'm gonna have to fork out some $$$$$ to get that fixed now....so I guess I am gonna have to wait longer for a 230Gal tank!!!

Chin_Lee
03-14-2005, 05:39 AM
what vehicle you driving? Those windows are usually really cheap to buy. Go to scrap yard and they usually have one that you can replace. If you have problems getting it in, bring it to a small auto glass place and offer cash. I had a windshield of a Toyota Sienna replaced for 300 bucks. i imagine it would be cheaper if it was just a driver's window
good luck

EmilyB
03-14-2005, 08:17 AM
on the way home from calgary today I was on the highway when all of a sudden my drivers side window blew up..

:eek:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Nasty. Hope nobody was hurt.

Anthony (finally finished for the day)

mr_alberta
03-14-2005, 01:43 PM
I just got the drivers side window on my girlfriends Cherokee replaced at Window Surgeons. $154 taxes included. It took them about 1.5 hours.

KrazyKuch
03-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Its gonna cost me approx $250 it's a brand new 2004 VW Golf so ya!

mr_alberta
03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Wow, that's pricey!

Is this through the dealership?

Richer
03-14-2005, 04:19 PM
Wow, thats pretty nuts, I can't imagine driving down the highway without my driver side window :eek:

Isn't something like that covered by the manufacturer's warrenty? Something has to be wrong with the window if it just blew out for no reason. My parents had the front windshield on their clk replaced for free after it cracked for no reason for nothing (this was less than a year after they bought the car)... and I had a friend who had her a4's front windshield replaced for free for the same reason.

-Rich

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
I agree. Sounds definitely like it should be covered under warranty. Must have been a manufacturing or installation defect, so it was not your fault but VWs. Call them & explain what happened because it shouldn't be coming out of your pocket.

Good luck,

Anthony

michika
03-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Its coming out of our pocket, VW won't replace at no charge, because they probably think it was a rock or something that did the window in.

Honestly though, I don't really think that a little rock could do so much damage!

The only place we can go to get the window replaced without having to wait a couple of weeks is the VW dealership.

This just sucks, its coming on the tail of an $8000.00 damage claim against A&B Sound, we don't need this!

All I want is a new tank, WHY WHY WHY does it have to be so hard?

Richer
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Um, a rock flying sideways into the side of your driverside window when you and all the traffic around you are going straight foward? Thats a ridiculus claim. It would have to be one hell of a rock to break through a tempered driverside window, and that rock in turn would have probably gave KrazyKuch a crazy injury. I would personally give them hell for it, but then again I'm short tempered when it comes to stupid people. Just ask the dozen of people I've gave hell to (goooooo sony store!).

-Rich

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Complain some more. Go higher up on the foodchain if you have to. This should definitely not be your expense. Ask for a contact number for their Regional Manager or something. If you b%tch enough about it, they'll usually figure out that an unhappy customer is one that will lose them a lot of future business.

The maxim (not magazine) is that if you make one customer happy, that customer will go tell 5 people. If you p%ss-off that customer, that same customer will then b%tch for hours to at least 25 people, who in turn will share the experience with their friends & so on & so on....

I will always try to acknowledge good/great service, but I will NEVER FAIL to B%TCH about lousy service either. One time after I was promised a full refund if the product didn't work & then the saleslady wouldn't keep her promise, I stood in front of her place of business & told perfect strangers about my bad experience. By the time I started with the 3rd potential customer she had my refund in hand & asked me to go away. Which I did, since I just wanted what I was promised. Of course, this type of action isn't for most people, especially polite Canadians.....

The moral of this essay is that if you don't stand up for your rights as a consumer, then you'll almost always end up on the short end of the stick.

Good luck,

Anthony

Murminator
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Um, a rock flying sideways into the side of your driverside window when you and all the traffic around you are going straight foward? Thats a ridiculus claim. It would have to be one hell of a rock to break through a tempered driverside window, and that rock in turn would have probably gave KrazyKuch a crazy injury.

-Rich

I would think it is crazy also but working for a trucking co. we have probably 25-30 people a year trying to claim against us for broken side windows and sunroofs. Rocks do get pinched on the side on the tire and fly sideways. So far this month with all the gravel on the road we have had 6 broken windows from trucks passing everytime the insurance companies say tuff s**t. 1 was a lawyer trying to sue for a window in his M class needless say he lost road hazzards are not covered

michika
03-14-2005, 06:31 PM
See I understand if it was something that came off another vehicle, or if oncoming traffic kicked up a stone, but there was nothing, no noise of anything hitting the window before it exploded, and no rock/stone/hard object to be found inside the car after we pulled over!

Willow
03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
try living in vancouver where the homeless will break the side window of your car looking for a nickle.