PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo

marie
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
For a year and a half of my mandarin has been turning his nose up at prepared foods. I add 4 clown gobies and a cherub angel and suddenly the mandarin is chasing frozen mysis shrimp across the bottom like a starving cat chasing a mouse :cool: . So it just goes to show that you can never give up hope that a mandarin will accept prepared foods :biggrin:

Doug
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
:mrgreen:

Thats great Marie. Mine also goes nuts over the frozen bloodworms. He picks them off the bottom.

Edmonton Eskimo
03-13-2005, 06:02 PM
I wish :exclaim:

megatron_55
03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
I wish :exclaim:

. . . Mee Too :neutral:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Mine ate frozen Hikari mysis within a week (yeah I know, don't rub it in) but then it sat on a Rhodactis mushroom & was too stupid to move when it closed up over him. One moment healthy & happy, 5 minutes later the mushroom opens & the suffocated mandarin's still sitting on it. :evil:

I'll get another later but I always try to keep a healthy population of live mysis & pods running around in my tanks anyways, just in case I fall for another beauty at a LFS.

Anthony

PS. the mandarin has been the only fish stupid enough to fall victim to the slow closing "purse" of my Rhodactis shrooms.