PDA

View Full Version : fish with a dogface puffer

snaggle
03-12-2005, 02:35 AM
I am looking to a friend in with my new found dogface puffer (thanks Lee). I am kind of looking at dwarf angle like a lemon peal or a flame angle. I am also looking at getting a jaw fish in there. The tank is a 55g it has a skitter 250 with the skimmer part removed and Fluval 204 for the filtration. The heater is a 250W Ebo-jager. And it has two 48" 40W NO lights. I also have 16lbs of LR and about 50lbs of fine sand. I will add more sand if I put a jaw fish in there. Any one have any more ideas for another fish or two.

bulletsworld
03-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey Brad,

Glad you like the dogface! :mrgreen:

Yeah the other fish you mentioned would be great. The only one I'm not sure about would be the jawfish. The jawfish does the bobbing in and outta hole effect in the sand and I could totally see the dogface going after him just cause there fairly small fish.

Although that dogface is pretty gentle, you just never can tell what he will do if he thinks its a silverside or a big piece of krill. :eek:

snaggle
03-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Thanks Lee,

I think I will just do a DSB in my new fuge that I am starting on tomorrow and put a jawfish in there I am making is a viewable fuge so no worries on that.

Brad

Richer
03-12-2005, 07:09 AM
Thanks Lee,

I think I will just do a DSB in my new fuge that I am starting on tomorrow and put a jawfish in there I am making is a viewable fuge so no worries on that.

Brad

Copying my setup are you now? :mrgreen:

A lemon peel would be a neat addition. I don't know if you saw it or not today, but I have one in my fuge, great fish.

-Rich

snaggle
03-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Rich,

You can’t go wrong with a good idea. I saw your lemon peal when I was there they have always been among my favorite angel.

Brad