PDA

View Full Version : Moving help tomorrow or Sunday?

pandafishowner
03-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Hey guys, posted this at the beginning of the month, and a few people had said they'd be able to help during the March 12-13th weekend. Was wondering if anyone can still help? We'll be moving hopefully tomorrow or Sunday. We need a driver for a U-Haul (unless someone has a really big truck and would take money for gas?), and some people to help load/unload at the storage place.

Fish stuff going into storage will be our 10gallon tank, some accessories (boxed up I believe), adidas's 120 gallon tank and some fish stuff from the other room, and then my living stuff (honestly not a lot, fit in a small U-Haul unstacked when moved from Winnipeg to Calgary last year. Mostly just boxes and a few pieces of furniture.

Offering beer, pizza, cash. Depends what you'd ask for, I guess. If you could pm me, I'll make a quick list of who can help and we'll see what happens. :biggrin: Thanks guys.

pandafishowner
03-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok, we're getting a storage space at Inglewood Self-Storage for Sunday, so if anyone can lend a hand, could you pm me tonight? Thanks. I also forgot to mention that about 75% of the stuff is already boxed, the rest will be done tomorrow when we go to the suite.

pandafishowner
03-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Please, someone, I'm hoping someone has time to help us out. I'll be checking Canreef all day tomorrow, please PM me if you can help. :cry:

Bob I
03-12-2005, 04:20 PM
Is the U-Haul a truck or trailer :question: I drive a 10 passenger shuttle bus every day, so driving is not a problem.

That said, if I come and help will you come to my place in Ranchlands in a week or two to help me set up a new 75 gallon tank :question:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_10.gif

pandafishowner
03-12-2005, 10:05 PM
We've been waiting for someone to be able to drive before we get any vehicle. AndyL is on call on Sunday for a CAS auction so we need to play things safe until we know.

AndyL
03-12-2005, 10:13 PM
No... I'm on call at work... And going to the CAS auction :) But yeah, largely unreliable and useless :)

Andy

pandafishowner
03-12-2005, 10:22 PM
No... I'm on call at work... And going to the CAS auction :) But yeah, largely unreliable and useless :)

Andy

ooh, ok, I got it now. Thanks for offering though. :biggrin:

pandafishowner
03-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Ok... well... things are kind of going crappy, had people message me the first time I posted saying they could help this weekend, now they can't. If anyone has a truck or a van or something that we could load most of it into, we'll offer gas money and beer. As I said before, I'm largely unhelpful due to the bun in my oven, but hubby can help with most things.

Also, anyone got a few spare boxes? Realized I need a few more boxes for books and movies, it'd be hard to move the bookshelf with the stuff still in it. :eek:

Beer, pizza, cash. Sound good? :biggrin:

pandafishowner
03-12-2005, 10:56 PM
A friend of my husbands will take him to get a U-Haul and do the driving. So if we could find maybe one more loader, or two more loaders to help tomorrow? We can have beer back at the basement suite once everything is done while I clean it up.

Majestic_Aquariums
03-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I wish I could offer some help, like originally planned-but unfortunately plans have changed. We will be going to the auction as welll, but I will have to leave the family there, I now have alot of running to get done as well-then try to get to my Mom's B-day in Red Deer late aft. Sorry, hope you are able to get done o.k.
Rob :rolleyes:

danny zubot
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry I didn't get back to you, my PC is packed away because I'm moving soon and I don't have internet access outside of work. How did everything go?

pandafishowner
03-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, we got to the suite around 10am, I packed up a ton of stuff while hubby and his pal got the truck and picked up a co-worker of hubby's. Took about 4 hours to load most of it, then had to wait til today since the darned storage place closed at 4pm (bloody sundays!). Things are gone and now we're done... til we get a house. :eek: