PDA

View Full Version : Long Spine seeks Cardinals or.....

EmilyB
03-11-2005, 07:59 AM
do your cardinal babies seek long spine urchin ... :lol:

I have a monster lsu I adopted from Tangoman. I was spending some time enjoying it's 10" beauty tonite after lights out.

At one time I removed it to another tank thinking, you big freakin' urchin you knocked down my frags....bad bad...

:lol: Turns out the turbos were, so the urchin went back.

Anyway, I don't know if my tank can take a few more fish (cardinals) or if someone might need this guy for theirs.

:cool: :biggrin:

Doug
03-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I have long since sold my bangaii, so I,m waiting for some of my 5 Pyjama,s to pair up. Not sure if their young do the same as the bangaii young.

I do have a pair of Diadema,s in my tank though. Took care of a persistant alage problem on some of my older rock. Have not bothered anything yet, but I did post on a thread on RC, where they have been know to eat some corals like caps. We figured they cant tell the difference when eating coralline.

I experimented by placing a rock with part of a brown cap on it and lots of algae I wanted cleaned. Sure enough, they ate the algae and the cap. :eek: I do however, have larger brown cap, that they clean around and dont bother. They seem to be very aware of large corals and their spines.

However, that only seems to be a trait in the Diadema, as shown in the destruction of my large bubble coral, from the pencil urchin a couple years ago.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/506/8urchins_001.jpg