PDA

View Full Version : Story time...

TANGOMAN
03-08-2005, 01:41 AM
The board's fallen kinda' quiet as of late so I figure it is time to share, yet another, experience of "Tangoman's" adventures.
Alan loves these...
Last week I had taken a pair of Firefish from quarantine and began acclimating them for my 60g. In a bucket below the tank, they went through the "drip" process. The time came to capture the little fella's so I stuck my head into the cabinet and looked into the bucket. As I went in for the capture the fish bolted right outa' the bucket and straight for me...(startin' to see where this is goin'?). Instinct took over as I pulled my head back to avoid a collision with this mighty beast...
I smashed the back of my head against the cabinet opening. Fortunately I had just installed some magnetic door latches. (You know, the small, sharp cornered, square edged ones... :eek: ).
Can you imagine the volume of vulgarity comin' from beneath the cabinet... ?:rolleyes:
The wife comes runnin' from the other room askin' what all the ruckas is about, as I'm assessing the damage to the back of my skull...her concern? Is the fish o.k. ??? :evil:

The fish are doing fine and another scar has been added to my noodle...
Next time I won't be as concerned for need of darkness during acclimation!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, you're lucky to survive the encounter Tangoman. I heard those firefish are man-eaters. This could have been you :eating: :lol: :lol:

Anthony

AJ_77
03-08-2005, 03:38 AM
Great story, Doug! Been a while. :biggrin:

Is the scar above or below the hairline? I'm guessin' below... :lol:

Canadian Man
03-08-2005, 05:53 AM
:cool:

albert_dao
03-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Things could have been worse: Your wife could have been one of the not-so-understanding types and used this as leverage in her war against your wasteful hobby.

Man, I can hear it now, "See? This is why you need to get rid of all this crap. Mark me, one of these days, it's going to get you killed."

Maybe I just have too much real-world experience with less than understanding family members.

sumpfinfishe
03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Great story Doug, hope it was worth the lump :mrgreen:

Bob I
03-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Great story, Doug! Been a while. :biggrin:

Is the scar above or below the hairline? I'm guessin' below... :lol:

Hairline :question: what hairline :question: :question: He has hair :question: :razz:

bulletsworld
03-12-2005, 05:35 AM
The fish are doing fine and another scar has been added to my noodle...Next time I won't be as concerned for need of darkness during acclimation!

LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

O.h Doug, thanks for the Friday night laugh. Love the words you use "scar has been added to my NOODLE". :lol: I can't stop laughing. I mean glad your o.k :lol: *chuckle, chuckle:

:lol: