PDA

View Full Version : screens / strainers / filters for PVC

AndyL
03-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Ok, probably a stupid question with a really simple answer... But I spent 2 hours looking at a couple hardware/plumbing stores tonight, and didn't spot anything that would work.

I'm going to need some screens (to keep out eels, snails, large debris) for some pvc piping in the new 65.

Is there a decent DIY solution? Or should I just order a bunch of the MAG pump filters?

Andy

Nemo
03-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Why Don't you just glue on some egg crate to the ends of the pides you want protected. You could even cut it in a circle and insert it in the pipe and it would be invisable.

Robert

StirCrazy
03-08-2005, 02:57 AM
Ok, probably a stupid question with a really simple answer... But I spent 2 hours looking at a couple hardware/plumbing stores tonight, and didn't spot anything that would work.

I'm going to need some screens (to keep out eels, snails, large debris) for some pvc piping in the new 65.

Is there a decent DIY solution? Or should I just order a bunch of the MAG pump filters?

Andy

go to the evestrough section in home depot. they have a plastic mesh that is about 4 to 6" wide and comes in white or dark brown. I used PVC glue (several coats) to glue it to the end of PVC pipe for a mantus screen.

Steve

Willow
03-08-2005, 03:32 AM
bingo, thats what i use, gutter guard!