PDA

View Full Version : Poor tang

Azilla
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
:frown: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=543793

Beverly
03-07-2005, 11:28 PM
Poor little tang :eek: :cry: Can't imagine how it got the elastic around itself like that, except from feeding nori with a rubberband. Geez, you just never know how such strange things occur in our tanks :eek:

Ryan7
03-08-2005, 12:26 AM
I have to call BS on this. IMO this is someone trying to get some attention.

1. I think our fish are too smart and too quick to have that happen.

2. Who gets up in the morning and notices this, then gets the camera, takes a picture, posts on the net asking how to remove the band, as if your not going to realize you have to catch the fish.

I think the Tang Police should launch an investigation!

Beverly
03-08-2005, 01:17 AM
So, you think the guy caught the tang, put the elastic around him, then took photos and posted them on the net? Must be one sick SOB to do that just for some attention :crazyeye:

snaggle
03-08-2005, 03:00 AM
the second photo looks like a photo shop job but you never know. :confused: that is why I stick to clerpa :biggrin:

Brad

kris_willard
03-08-2005, 03:02 AM
Link not working!

Ryan7
03-08-2005, 04:17 AM
The whole thread just seems a little too fishy to me. How could a fish pull a rubberband around itself that he guesses he left in the tank.

Willow
03-08-2005, 04:36 AM
after some of the things ive seen dogs do i don't think it's impossible for this to happan to a fish like a yellow tang.

Tangman
03-08-2005, 05:14 AM
IMO ,I think it is a sick joke and I posted a complaint on RC to it's MODS

Willow
03-08-2005, 05:43 AM

whoo i must be missing something.. wtf?

Ryan7
03-08-2005, 07:29 AM

Good job!

Even if this is true which I can't believe it is, forums should not support pictures of cruelty.

It seems people on RC are supporting the story in which the author reports a miraculas escape from the rubber band 3 min after my post of disbelieve.

It's not just the picture that tells the story but in the manner it is delivered, and if you read the thread, this story lacks integrity.

Tangman
03-08-2005, 12:56 PM
What I cann't beleive is that so many people think it is funny and not cruel! Too bad , it really shows what the world has come to.
Even if it was true, why would someone get a camera first and start a thread with those pictures first, instead of first trying to help the tang. it just seemed more important to get the notoriety than help the fish. but it is plain to see that very few people care.
I still think though that it was a prank and it's too bad there aren't laws about cruelty to fish

Tangman
03-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Good job!

Even if this is true which I can't believe it is, forums should not support pictures of cruelty.

It seems people on RC are supporting the story in which the author reports a miraculas escape from the rubber band 3 min after my post of disbelieve.

It's not just the picture that tells the story but in the manner it is delivered, and if you read the thread, this story lacks integrity.

THIS IS SO TRUE!!!

Willow
03-08-2005, 03:39 PM
what makes you belive this isnt true? if you have these kind of photoshop skills im pretty sure i can get you a job.

Ryan7
03-08-2005, 04:34 PM
what makes you belive this isnt true? if you have these kind of photoshop skills im pretty sure i can get you a job.

As I posted on RC, the tang would have to swim into the rubberband, hook it above it's nose, then swim to stretch the band over it's tail and hook underneath, unless the fish was swimming backwards. I don't believe his story of the band left in the tank, waking up taking pictures, removal minutes after my post, rubbing it off on the rocks.

I don't think photoshop was used, I think he put the band on there himself for attention.

Regardless, I emplore everyone to write RC, no one wants to see pictures of suffering like this.

bulletsworld
03-08-2005, 05:52 PM
After reading all the posts in response to guy posting about the tang.

I CAN'T BELIEVE the number of people who said, "OMG that is one of the funniest things i have ever seen", "LOL! I'm sorry but thats funny!", "Now thats too funny", "thats funny " "rofl my wife and I just saw this thread and we couoldn't stop laughing" "yyyyeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaaawwwww thing riding that fish", "LMAO LMAO HAHA HIHI"

:bad-word: How discusting how people would even think that's funny! I thought that was horrible! Poor fish! Not to mention missing an EYE! :eek: Poor thing! :evil:

Removed due to inappropriate content. How Funny guys....NOT! :evil: I can't believe the guy said, "I know the saltwater will break the rubber down pretty quickly. I just cant see removing 250 to 300 lbs of rock and tons of coral to try to catch it. I have far too many other fish and corals to think about."

Glad someone complainted. Hope the tang is o.k.

Willow
03-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Edited due to inappropriate content

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Aquattro
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Personally, I thought it was funny. Now assuming it was real, I would have immediately removed the rock to catch the fish and save it from itself.
I once had a trigger that got in a fight with a fiddler crab. The crab hooked it's large claw into the triggers' cheek. I came home to find the claw removed from the crab, but stuck to the side of the mouth of poor Mr. Trigger. Laughed like crazy. I had to remove rock, etc, to catch the poor guy and cut the claw off. But it was funny.

Zerandise
03-08-2005, 06:31 PM
*edit*

No offence taken. After 9 years I’m getting use to it.

naesco
03-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I understand that the one-eyed starving yellow tang has now removed the rubber band itself minutes after posts in reef central condemned the poster.
What a difficult life that tang must lead in that reefers tank.

Manny
03-09-2005, 12:06 AM
I can't find it right now, but I recently read a thread were someone had "pasted" a tang in a tiny little nono tank. It even had the reflectons on the water surface and glass and looked very real. It is possible to do stuff like that, I think that it was mentioned that it was done in photo shop.

Willow
03-09-2005, 12:12 AM
I can't find it right now, but I recently read a thread were someone had "pasted" a tang in a tiny little nono tank. It even had the reflectons on the water surface and glass and looked very real. It is possible to do stuff like that, I think that it was mentioned that it was done in photo shop.

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=65128

snaggle
03-09-2005, 12:35 AM

there is also this one
http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49502&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

I believe fish is the culprit in this one :lol:

Brad

Manny
03-09-2005, 11:50 PM
snaggle that's the one :cool: