PDA

View Full Version : cyanide question

Richard_Dicosimo
03-07-2005, 04:08 AM
ok i dont know if this has ever been talked about, but im curious. Some times when a fish is caught with cyanide its eyes will fog over like it has cateracts. will this ever go away with time or not?

Richard

Reefhawk1
03-08-2005, 05:48 AM
If the fish was caught with cyonide its chances of living a long life have been cut short. If the clouded eyes have been there for some time they will probably stay clouded. Are you sure it is a cyonide problem?

danny zubot
03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
In order to stop cyanide captures we should all refuse to buy them when possible, they usually die shortly after puchase anyway.

Richard_Dicosimo
03-08-2005, 08:35 PM
no i dont have a cyanide caught fish as far as i know. it was just a curosity question

takphan
03-14-2005, 01:28 AM
cloudy eyes can be the result of stress not neccessarily cyanide

cyanide will destroy the fishes' intestines ability to absorb nutrition.
although they are eating but starving to death

please avoid any LFS that carry cyanide caught fish and let the owner why you are not buying from that shipment

net caught or air curtain caught are more expensive
hawaii, indo, caribean, red sea suppliers have promised and demonstrated that they will not sell cyanide caught fish

thank you, i will step off the soap box now

Tak

blood_hound
03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
How can you know if a fish i caught in cyanide?? And you say that fish that have been caught in other method not cyanide is more expensive does this mean that the place were i buy my fish sell cyanide caught fish. after all they sell almost 50% off than other lfs

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Tarolisol
03-29-2005, 04:46 AM
Theres no real way to tell unless you do some crazy tests. I think most reputable dealers try there best to make sure they are not cyanide caught, and price doesnt always reflect method of catching, but just the method of mark up :rolleyes:.

Van down by the river
03-30-2005, 07:34 AM
hawaii, indo, caribean, red sea suppliers have promised and demonstrated that they will not sell cyanide caught fish

Doesn't that pretty much cover all fish?

No store ever intends to carry cyanide caught fish.

Every store claims "not me", so then where do all the cyanide caught fish go?

"stir,stir"

takphan
03-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Doesn't that pretty much cover all fish?

there still a certain region that i did not mention which has a "perceived" cyanide problem.

this perception may or may not has any truth but as long as the suppliers do not make an effort to disprove the "perception", i will not buy fish if the shipment is from that region :evil:

"stir,stir"
yeah, let's :biggrin: