PDA

View Full Version : LR order **closed** date change, other live stock incuded

snaggle
03-07-2005, 12:09 AM
any one want to order live rock from J&L. I am looking at the Vanuatu but I am not picky.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/static/livestock/liverock.htm

Brad

TRS
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
Hey Brad,
What is your target date for the order? Before or after the Easter weekend? When is the next J&L live rock shipment?

snaggle
03-07-2005, 02:18 AM
I am hoping to get it asap I am calling J&L tomorow to see when they will be the next shipment.

Brad

TRS
03-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Ok. Count me out. I will not be ready until after the Easter holidays.

snaggle
03-07-2005, 03:09 AM
it will will probalby be after easter I can also hold it for a while in my spare tank.

Brad

TRS
03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
If you order after Easter, I might be in for 2 boxes of Vanuatu. I just don't want it stuck at Air Cargo over these holidays. Let me know what you find out about the next J&L shipment arrival. I have not seen the latest Newsletter.

snaggle
03-08-2005, 02:45 AM
I just called J&L they said they will be getting all 3 kinds of rock in on the 16th. I so if any one wants it please speak up now. I will be in Calgary that week so I will ask for shipping on the Friday the 18th. I will order any kind of rock. I can also hold some in my 3 empty tanks. Order dead line is Thursday the 10th at 6 pm I will be calling it then.

Brad

Beermaster
03-08-2005, 07:55 PM
whats the cost?

snaggle
03-08-2005, 11:03 PM
the prices are on the link. it depends on how much of what people get.

Brad

TRS
03-08-2005, 11:28 PM
Allen from J&L got back to me. The next live rock shipment is scheduled for April 30. Not sure what else is coming in at that time, but their next Newsletter is supposed to be out this weekend.

snaggle
03-09-2005, 04:32 AM
The delivery date is now at the end of the month so the cut off has changed to the 23 march. Please PM if you are interested.

Brad

snaggle
03-11-2005, 04:10 AM
hmm not too many people seem to want LR. :eek: there are always people asking for it on the borad. :question:
Brad

snaggle
03-12-2005, 02:48 AM
fish, corals and clean up crew can also be ordered.

Brad

mr_alberta
03-12-2005, 04:30 AM
If you can do livestock, I may add 1 or 2 cleaner shrimp to the order. Still sitting on the fence regarding that though.

muck
03-12-2005, 04:44 AM
If you can do livestock, I may add 1 or 2 cleaner shrimp to the order. Still sitting on the fence regarding that though.
Get the shrimp... you know you want too! :mrgreen:

Richer
03-12-2005, 05:20 AM
I know I like my cleaner :razz:

Thanks again Lee!

Depending on whether or not AI has any jawfish in quarentine, I may jump in on the order if we can do livestock as well.

-Rich

Beermaster
03-13-2005, 07:57 PM
I would be interested in getting 25lbs of Vanuatu

snaggle
03-16-2005, 02:04 AM
My order has been places Call J&L and say it for the group order from Edmonton under Brad Please PM if you are going to order any fish or inverts first I am only ordering my fish if there are enough people ordering them. They said it will be coming in around April 6.

Brad

snaggle
03-19-2005, 04:28 PM
I am just wondering who has ordered and what. Please PM after you have ordered I need to know if it will all fit in my Sunfire :eek: or if I need the Van.

Brad

snaggle
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
The order will be closed on Friday. Please PM me after you have placed the order I will be posting the delivery info when I get it.

Brad

medic_eva
03-31-2005, 06:20 AM
Hi, just starting a new tank, and I'm looking at the Vanuatu or the Tonga rock. I am making a little nano tank, just a 10g. So I think all I need is 10 pounds or so. How much would it cost? Would one rock be better then the other for that size of tank?

Thanks very much!

Eva

mr_alberta
03-31-2005, 01:57 PM
One isn't really better than the other, it just depends on what type of shapes you like. As far as prices go, it all depends on how much rock has been ordered and how many people will be in this order to split up the cost of shipping.

You can check out the pricing at www.jlaquatics.com

Beermaster
03-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Okay so whats all being ordered and how many lbs of LR and what kind? just so if i go place an order today i can help out other ppl as well on whatever needs that extra push to drop the price again?

TRS
03-31-2005, 04:25 PM
Brad, Since you are coordinating the Group Order and doing the pick up from the airport, I require your particulars. I sent you a PM for this request.

I am in for 100 pounds of Vanuatu if we do a Group Order with J&L. :mrgreen:

Let's not miss the boat. The more we buy, the cheaper it gets. We need to get it all ordered by Friday (April 1/05) for a delivery date Air Cargo to Edmonton for April 6/05.

Kelly

medic_eva
03-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone getting Tonga? Thanks for the reply newguy!

Eva

Joe Reefer
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
does the rock come fully cured? how much could you add to existing setup?

TRS
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
does the rock come fully cured? how much could you add to existing setup?

Some answers to your questions are on the previously mentioned J&L website as follows:

Question: "Is your rock cured or uncured?"
Answer: Both. The rock arrives to our facility after being pre-cured in Fiji. During transport there is die-off causing us to re-cure the rock. Although we do not hold rock to specifically cure it occasionally near the end of the shipment there is rock left that is cured. If you require un-cured, "un-touched" rock that can be arranged by pre-booking on our next shipment.

Question: "If I buy cured rock, will there still be die off when I get it home?"
Answer: Usually, yes. There will be a certain amount of die due to the rock being out of the water while in transit from our facilities to your home. We do make every effort to package your rock to minimize this happening. We have found that people usually will see a very small nitrite spike. If you are adding only a small amount of rock to an existing system, you should have nothing to worry about.