PDA

View Full Version : Who has shipped corals?

Stasher
03-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Ok, here is my question. I have ordered corals via air freight and picked up corals and taken them on long car rides (7hrs) but haven't used personal sales. I am curious, has anyone shipped their corals overnight UPS or anything like that for personal sales or trades? What is the longest simple corals such as zoos or mushrooms can last via ground shipping? I am always very interested with the for sale threads for frags but of course never bother because of shipping concerns. Anyone have any comments to share on this matter?

Doug
03-06-2005, 04:48 PM
I would imagine many dealers have shipments arrive after 24hrs. in transit.

I use to have most all my corals shipped buy bus, {inside}, from Winnipeg to Thompson, 12hrs. overnight.

I also sent some coral frags from Manitoba to Halifax by air and they all arrived fine.

Stasher
03-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks,
I would imagine that if packed very well and shipped a moderate distance, that most would ship just fine. I would be worried about shipping greyhound this time of year (freezing) but later on it seems like an acceptable solution, can you ask for "inside" transport as you described?

Doug
03-06-2005, 08:32 PM
It was no problem to ask inside during the mid to late 90,s. We shipped all winter. There was an extra charge, I believe $10.

Since moving to the Brandon area, I have only used the bus in good weather. Someone told me, they wont do inside anymore, but I would have to check on it.