PDA

View Full Version : Sea Hare for loan

Willow
03-06-2005, 05:28 AM
you got any hair algae? i have a sea hare that i got a few weeks ago that cleaned my tank up in a few days now he just roams around hungry. he eats a little nori but would prefer hair algae. if anyone would like to borrow him he is all yours and he will do a wonderful job.

a few points about sea hares to consider;

- they are big! very gentle creatures with a lot of character but they might knock unsecured stuff over in accident.

- you must have protected powerheads as he is very curious and might get mangled.

- he likes to climb glass sometimes, if you have an overflow it needs to be covered so he wont go inside.

- i only have a kole tang so i don't know how other fish will react to a hare, im sure they will just ignore him as he works at night.

- tank must be cycled and stable.

if you think your tank meets these few requirements and you have some hair algae that you want to get rid of your more than welcome to come grab him till your done or you can bring some rock over and leave it with me and he will clean it up.

http://www.mayberryhq.com/images/otis/sh.jpg

Chin_Lee
03-06-2005, 03:47 PM
hey this is a very generous offer for anybody with hair algae problem. Thats a great way to keep your animal alive and helping others at the same time.
if you don't find any temp owners, i have some algae that he will probably like to eat. I'll pm you the next time i'm planning on coming into richmond and drop some off for you.
cwlee

Willow
03-06-2005, 04:07 PM
thanks chin. he is booked for a service call this week :razz: i guess we will see how this goes, he is great and i feel bad that i don't have enough for him to eat. if this works out i think everyone can benefit from his services.

Chin_Lee
03-06-2005, 04:36 PM
just make sure his new homes acclimatize him SLOWLY. Good luck with new food source :biggrin:

Invigor
03-07-2005, 12:05 AM
they also have some sort of poison in them?

Willow
03-07-2005, 12:23 AM
they also have some sort of poison in them?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=726

i think it would take a lot for them to release their dye, like something trying to eat it.

Invigor
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
hmm cool, a lot less potent than I thought. thanks for the link