PDA

View Full Version : Raising Baby Clown fish?

Azilla
03-04-2005, 06:08 AM
My clowns lay eggs how do i go about to raise the babys?? I have a seprate tank running no creature or nothing in it just a few zooz. Can i just take the egg sack out of my tank then put them in the seprate tank??
any links to help me on my quest.

Canadian Man
03-04-2005, 06:27 AM
So much info I couldn't possible type all of it. Just do some searching and you may find that it's an overwhelming task.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-04-2005, 06:46 AM
It'll be a real challenge. Do you have lots of rotifers under culture? If not, you need some to feed the babies once the yolk sac runs out. Maybe buy some Cyclopeeze too. Raising the fry is very time-consuming & labour intensive.

Good luck.

Anthony

sumpfinfishe
03-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Read Joyce Wilkerson's "Clownfish" and then make your decision :eek:

danny zubot
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Jon said, So much info I couldn't possible type all of it. Just do some searching and you may find that it's an overwhelming task.

How are you doing with your breading operation Jon?

Azilla
03-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Hmmm Ok. well ill read and decide. thanks

Canadian Man
03-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Jon said, So much info I couldn't possible type all of it. Just do some searching and you may find that it's an overwhelming task.

So So.

I am working on the parents diet to hopefull have better hatches. The batch they laid last night will be the one to see how the parents diet affects the babies.

Veng68
03-06-2005, 02:05 AM

So So.

I am working on the parents diet to hopefull have better hatches. The batch they laid last night will be the one to see how the parents diet affects the babies.

Do you have Frank Hoff's book? It's very helpful.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]