PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton water

snaggle
03-04-2005, 02:46 AM
dose any one know if the water in Edmonton has started to go sour with run off yet. I did a water change last week and my algae bloom got worse :eek: .
I am thinking of doing a 20g water change with bottled water :confused: . also dose any know how long the water stays bad for usually?

Brad

Keen
03-04-2005, 02:55 AM
im not sure i have not tested it, however you can actually check the water quality online. the website is: http://www.epcor.ca/pages/water/WaterQuality/daily/wqdaily.html
other than that, i have no idea. I use only supermarket water for my tanks. the big jugs that you have to fill up yourself. it is filtered 4 different ways. carbon filter, RO,UV, and sediment filter. it is probably some of the purest water you can get. and it is less than 5.00 for 18L of water.

michika
03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
I think the water has already turned sour, as of two weeks ago we developed a massive cyano bloom and now its only getting worse! We've never had anything like this before, its terrible!

Keen
03-06-2005, 05:40 AM
well the bottled water that i get from safeway doesnt seem to be making my algea grow any quicker :P

michika
03-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I ended up getting an ro/di unit it was that bad!