PDA

View Full Version : major loss

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 01:48 AM
well i came home and the skimmer was overflowing , cleaned it up came up stairs and holy #$%$.

My 4 yr old coral beauty dead in the corner the clowns laying on their side
the rock skipper in the top corner lookign really bad ,the cucumber that i bought was dead and parts all over the tank it got sucked up in my powerhead. I couldnt believe it my favorite fish gone after 4 yrs im in so much lost with out it and now after gettting some more water ready for a change i cant find the baby clown .. :sad: :sad:
mike

have to go look for it and do a major water change will keep ya informed.

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 02:07 AM
well its a done deal i lost the baby clown fish :frown:

mike

Beverly
03-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Cr*p, Michael :eek: Throw in some new carbon to soak up any toxins the cucumber might have expelled, along with a few large water changes. Change the carbon in a day or two so it doesn't leach back anything it soaked up.

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 02:23 AM
i dont have any carbon i missed the fish store just closed. I think i will be ok i caught the cucumber just in time the fish are swimming around more and eating too lots and the clamm is doing ok too.

mike

Beverly
03-04-2005, 02:26 AM
That reminds me to get more carbon in case of emergencies :eek:

Glad to hear the other fish are doing better :biggrin:

muck
03-04-2005, 02:32 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike.
Lets hope everything else survives the ordeal!! :frown:

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 02:38 AM
going now to do a change 10 gal will let ya know in a bit .

later

mike

p.s keep the finger s crossed :sad:

snaggle
03-04-2005, 02:48 AM
hope it all gets better.

Brad

Stasher
03-04-2005, 02:54 AM
What do you think was the cause of the deaths? Was it because the cucumber died and released the toxins from a powerhead mishap? Glad evrything didn't crash but a 4yr old fish is a heck of a loss, sorry.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-04-2005, 03:12 AM
Cucumber horror stories are unfortunately not that rare. Hope your tank recovers. One big reason why I personally stay away from cucumbers.

Anthony

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 03:18 AM
I dont have a problem with the black cuke that i had , i have had many of the black cuke's. the reason it kicked the bucket is from the powerhead it wrapped around it and got sucked in to the grate on the maxi jet 1200.

I think that i have caught the thing earlier, it was still alive. HOpe it worked..

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-04-2005, 03:36 AM
What? Hard to understand with all the typos. Don't mean to give you a hard time about your spelling or typing when you're experiencing such a cr@ppy situation, just trying to understand what you're trying to say.

ABreefkpr
03-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss!
What kind of cuke was it exactly? I have a couple different types and thought only the more colorful one were like a hand grenade for fish. ie. I lost fish to a sea apple in the past.
Sorry once again Mike.

Shy_Koi
03-04-2005, 05:52 AM
That's awful - I'm sorry to hear about the losses, Mike :cry:
Hope everything else makes it.
~Tamara

Skimmerking
03-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Well once again i'm sorry for the typo's

On a good note did the water change last night 10 gal and added the new water to the sump along with cleaning out all the tissue from the cuke man what a mess and clean the filter socks too.

All the corals are doing great this mornimng. I was worried about my new clam ,but the good god of reefers was there for me. THe blenny (ROCK SKIPPER) is doign great and the other clown too.

Moral of the story i will never get another cuke again. I stil think of the Coral beauty, ssing it there in the corner hangin in the rocks with the mouth wide open, just liek you Bev.

wel back to work.

later
mike :mrgreen:

clownchick22
03-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Sorry to head about that Mike! Must be really frustrating.. Glad to hear your other fish are doing ok though.

BCOrchidGuy
03-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear Mike, glad you caught it when you did though.

Doug