PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!

littleboyblue16
03-04-2005, 12:54 AM
i need help, i just seen today i have a huge thing of brissle worms! like a ton! and i look at my tank everyday and today they just started attacking! can someone lend me a fish to kill the suckers?

Matt

Aquattro
03-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Attacking? attacking what?? :lol:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
No fish I know of selectively eats bristleworms. Try trapping them. What I also do is target feed a macroalgae plant in one spot all the time & when enough go there, use a net to scoop out the substrate & rinse out the bristleworms. Good luck.

Don't pick 'em up with your hands or you'll be sorry. The bristles will stick into you & cause a itching sensation for days.

JME,

Anthony

littleboyblue16
03-04-2005, 12:58 AM
my leather and mushrooms, they already ate like half of one

Aquattro
03-04-2005, 01:01 AM
never heard of bristle worms eating coral. You may want to snap a pic of that.
Can you actually see them eating good tissue? Or are they feeding off of necrotic (dead) tissue?

Edmonton Eskimo
03-04-2005, 01:43 AM
sixline wrasses will eat bristleworms

Keen
03-04-2005, 02:33 AM
i had pretty good luck with tweezers actually, depending on how many there are in your tank. i just grabbed them by the end and pulled. i got most of the large ones from my tank that way.DEFINATLY do not touch them with your hands like the other guy said, because you will regret doing that.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-04-2005, 03:23 AM
The other guy :biggrin: also thinks that 6 lines may eat them but not as a preferred food source. Would you? Get a nasty mouth full of prickles & bristles. Yuck. The little ones are ok but I've had my big ones (6"+) also attack my corals. Bit my red brain in 2 spots. Had to remove the coral into my seahorse tank & hoping to spot the big monster next time it comes out again. :evil:

Good luck & don't worry. Most humans can outsmart bristle worms :biggrin: , it mainly takes patience & effort.

Anthony

bulletsworld
03-04-2005, 03:29 AM
yeah I brushed by one in my tank when aquascaping last week. Felt like fiberglass shards in the fingers that I couldn't see or even wash off. Didn't tickle that for sure.

:mrgreen: