PDA

View Full Version : found two crabs but?

Griffin
03-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Found a red eyed grey crab with solid claws :evil: and he was removed ( i was trying to be nice to put in sump but ended up with pieces of food :eek: ). Next night i found another crab in the same hole and another one lower down. One is hairy on top shell and greyish and one is hairy on the legs only but grey smooth shell. The thing i did notice is that they both have the same claws as my emerald crabs (looks like little cups at the end and open in the middle). I will try and get a pic, i kinda figure they might be safe but wondered if anyone has had anything like the described. They both seem to eat just off the rocks as the emeralds do but the decision is out to the jury to see if they should be evicted without notice to the sump. The claws make me wonder :confused:
Brad - you have a soft spot for crabs - what do you think :question:

Cheers
Rich

Aquattro
03-03-2005, 06:02 AM
Rich, my philosophy is leave them until you catch them being bad. At the very least, it gives you a reason to stay up late with the kids and a flashlight, spying on the night life.

Oh, BTW, I replied to your email, but only in my mind. I'll reply for real now.. :redface:

Griffin
03-03-2005, 06:05 AM
lol = i am thinking the same thing on the crabs ---- btw the girlfriend and i are still coming over next weekend the 10th till sunday - will send you my cell and lets see if we can fit in a beer in between your posts :biggrin:

Rich

Aquattro
03-03-2005, 06:08 AM
Sounds good!