PDA

View Full Version : My plans for a 73 gal

Coldwater
03-03-2005, 04:29 AM
The following are plans for my 73 gallon aqurium.

Lighting:
36" AquaLight 192W

Tanks:
73 Gallon Aquarium
33 Gallon Sump

Animals:
Snowflake Moray
Red Bar Hawkfish
2 Dwarf Pufferfish
False Percula Clownfish
Seabae Anemone
Hairy Leg Hermit Crab
Collector Crab
Orange Lip Conch
2 Sea Squirts

Equipment:
A Quite1Tone 6000 to power the return pipe
Red Sea Berlin Venturi Hang-On Protein Skimmer
250 W heater

Other Stuff:
Around 80 lbs of lr
Few if any corals (what corals would I be able to support?)
It will mostly be a FOWLR

Is there any other fish or neat I would be able to keep that you would recomend? Are there any problems? The inverts are fine. The Crab isnt bugged by anything, and the hermit crab is almost the size of my fist.

Matt

snaggle
03-03-2005, 04:32 AM
the snow flake might go after the clown when it gets older other then that it sounds good.

Brad

shadowboy
03-03-2005, 08:59 PM
I dont think you could have any corals, the puffers are major munchers. Also the sebae will probaly need more light
JMO

danny zubot
03-03-2005, 09:01 PM
Agreed, I'd skip the false perc and get something with a bit more attitude like a Clarkii or large tomato clown. Mind you, the theory is that the anemone will protect your clown, so try it out if you like.

Coldwater
03-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Ok thanks. I just decided to put a clown in because I dont have one right now. Also my friend is giving me his seabae so that would be a freebie. How much light would it need? Also would a sea fan work in there? I have heard that they need no light only the stuff I feed the Sea squirts.

Matt

danny zubot
03-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I've had various anemone's under PC and NO lighting but not a sebae so I can't really say for sure. 192 watts might be ok IMO. I would stay away from sea fans unless you've really researched them. There are different kinds, some photosynth. and some don't. The ones that require light are easier to care for because they can rely on the light as a food source. The ones that need feeding require very specific and constant nuturing, so unless you are willing to devote a lot of time each day to them I don't recommend it.