PDA

View Full Version : help moving our fish tank and stuff?

pandafishowner
03-02-2005, 09:08 AM
Hubby and I are likely to be moving soon, and we're wondering if anyone could help us move and get the tank moved and stuff. We'd be willing to pay, or offer beer or whatever. I'm preggo so I can't help with much more than unpacking, but hubby can help. We need a U-Haul too, so maybe someone with a license and experience moving tanks? We have two 10 gallons, a 55 gallon and a 120 gallon to be moved...

Delphinus
03-02-2005, 01:27 PM
When's the move date?

(And congrats on the preggo thing BTW)

danny zubot
03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Depending on what date, I might be of some use to you.

Congrats on the bun, please don't do any lifting at all! My girlfriend is preggo too and she did a real number on herself this past weekend because she did too much, gave us quite a scare.

pandafishowner
03-02-2005, 08:20 PM
The realtor said we should know by late tomorrow evening at the latest. We'd need to move on a weekend day. Saturday or Sunday.

Bob I
03-03-2005, 01:01 AM
It might be important to know what area of the city you are in as far as finding help goes. :mrgreen:

adidas
03-03-2005, 04:07 AM
It might be important to know what area of the city you are in as far as finding help goes. :mrgreen:

In Somerset moving to Woodbine. :)

(i'm their roomie)

monza
03-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Sorry guys I'd lend a hand but I'm out of town.

Good luck with the move~

Dave

pandafishowner
03-03-2005, 05:33 AM

In Somerset moving to Woodbine. :)

(i'm their roomie)

ok, sorry, to clarify: our main fish stuff is in Somerset with adidas, the rest of our stuff is in Lynwood. Each place is approx 15 mins away from the Woodbine house.

AndyL
03-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Well I can volunteer my exploder, and driving skills... Beyond that I'm pretty useless for anything :mrgreen: Besides drinking beer :mrgreen:

Andy

adidas
03-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Well I can volunteer my exploder, and driving skills... Beyond that I'm pretty useless for anything :mrgreen: Besides drinking beer :mrgreen:

Andy

You mean your Explorer? :razz:

pandafishowner
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM

Andy

lol thanx, but maybe you could offer your driving skills for the u-haul? :biggrin:

adidas
03-03-2005, 07:40 AM

Andy

lol thanx, but maybe you could offer your driving skills for the u-haul? :biggrin:

and after you can show us your beer drinking skills :silly:

Majestic_Aquariums
03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
wish I could offer to help, but I don't think I will be in Calgary then-Will be there on the 13th, and @ the end of the month, but I will be up to my ... Jim Barry has plans for me there...
If it were to pan out for the 13th, maybe I could ask of a little asistance for April 1-2nd, not sure yet.
Rob

Delphinus
03-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I might be a little :sleeping: and :morning: but I don't see the actual move date? Did I just miss it?

pandafishowner
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
I might be a little :sleeping: and :morning: but I don't see the actual move date? Did I just miss it?

you definitely missed it i think.
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The realtor said we should know by late tomorrow evening at the latest. We'd need to move on a weekend day. Saturday or Sunday.

Delphinus
03-03-2005, 04:56 PM

I'm sorry but all I get out of this is that you'll know by "late tomorrow evening what date you'll move". And then it says it has to be "a weekend day" but no mention of what weekend. I.e., there is no mention of an actual date. Only a day. There are approximately 52 Saturdays in 2005, interestingly, there are also approximately 52 Sundays in 2005. Assuming that we can safely exclude the ones which have already past, which is 9 of each, that still leaves theoretically up to 43 potential weekends.

I'm assuming you mean this upcoming weekend... I can't help, I'm out of town for two weeks. Sorry.

If it is some other weekend, then as long as I'm here, yes I can help.

Majestic_Aquariums
03-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I kinda had a hard time figuring the date out as well. (probably because you don't have one yet) But anyway, I can help out on the 13th possibly, or the first weekend in April, assuming I am all done my work in Calgary by then.

adidas
03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Waiting to hear from realtor today, if we are accepted - the moving date will be this coming weekend. in 2 days. or at worst case early next week.

thanks for your offer though, Tony. :cool: :biggrin:

Delphinus
03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Wow that is a fast possession. Well, good luck with the offer, good luck with the move, and sorry that I can't help out.

adidas
03-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Wow that is a fast possession. Well, good luck with the offer, good luck with the move, and sorry that I can't help out.

Yup, we don't mess around lol :razz:

pandafishowner
03-04-2005, 09:57 PM
ok, we didn't get the house, and our landlord is being a real BigMeanie, so if anyone can help us move our stuff at least into storage (or possibly a new place) NEXT weekend (12th and 13th), we'll pay you around $300 or offer beer/pizza or whatever.

could you IM me if you think you can help? thanks.

Edited for language ... -Tony

danny zubot
03-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Are you moving the tank into storage? Or are you refering to just you other contents?

pandafishowner
03-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Are you moving the tank into storage? Or are you refering to just you other contents?

Both. Adidas's landlords don't want the tank here at all (tank, stand,homemade canopy, accessories,etc). So all his fish stuff minus a 10g tank and our fish stuff and everything else is going into storage til we get a new place.