PDA

View Full Version : starfish id

Willow
03-02-2005, 05:18 AM
wow im totally blown away, i just saw the most beautiful little starfish in my tank. it looks like some sort of brittle star, it has a very small black disk with long black and yellow banded legs (well looks like yellow in the dark). does anyone know what this might be? im surprised that it survived in the rock as i thought starfish were very sensitive to acclimation.

oh btw the rock is all jakarta.

Azilla
03-02-2005, 06:11 AM
I have about 15 of them in mine i have purple ones, White ones and yellow ones kinda kool cuz alse u see is there legs poking out of holes.

megatron_55
03-02-2005, 08:10 AM
I have about 15 of them in mine i have purple ones, White ones and yellow ones kinda kool cuz alse u see is there legs poking out of holes.

Mee Too!! Try to put some sort of food in your tank willow and you'll see starfish everywhere (in the holes or crevices of your rocks) well... u'll see one of they're legs atleast :biggrin:

Willow
03-02-2005, 04:29 PM
funny you should say that, i just started putting a littke mysis in the tank for the kole, he wont eat i but maybe that why the starfish is out and about.

hockey nut
03-03-2005, 07:28 AM
I have two of those little guys that like to hide in my veggie clip. I hand feed them once in awhile. Cool little brittle starfish.