PDA

View Full Version : fish list

shadowboy
03-02-2005, 12:44 AM
Just wanted to run a quick fish list by you guys it seems that everyone else does.

The tank is 135 72' 24 wide and 18' high. I have a coralife 260 watt pc on there now. Tank is mostly going to be a softie tank, with mabye down the road some lower light clams.
Ok so heres the list.

What i have
Scopas tang
coral beauty
yellow watchman gobie
percula clown
blue headed fairy wrasse

Additions
Royal gramma
hippo/blue tang
fridimani/ orchid dottyback
lawnmower blenny
pair of pink skunk clowns
percula
1 midas blenny
3 cleaner gobies
and somewhere down the line a leopard wrasse

Theres about a 130 pounds of live rock,and a 30-55 gallon refugium goin in

thanks in advance

tristan

Beverly
03-02-2005, 01:06 AM
tristan,

Only one wrasse per tank. Skip the dottyback, imo. Have heard they are pretty aggressive. Pair up your percs, but leave out the skunks. Don't know much about the blennies' diet requirements. Do a little research on them to be sure your tank will support them.

Overall, try not to over stock on fish, then have to feed them less than they need to avoid or cure algae/cyano problems.

HTH :smile:

shadowboy
03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
I think that the orchid is one of the least aggressive memebers of the dottyback family. I'll make sure to aquire the orchid and not the strawberry which have a history of violence :smile: So you dont think pink skunks would work with peculas? I thought they could
thanks

danny zubot
03-02-2005, 05:26 PM
You might be able to get away with different types of clowns only if you don't pair them up. Whatever you do, make sure you add these additions gradually so as to not shock your system.

hockey nut
03-03-2005, 07:25 AM
The hippo is a great choice imo, but I would only put 1 blenny in the tank. Midas blenies are nice as well as the bi colour. I agree about the clowns. I wouldn't mix them up. What are cleaner gobies ? The Orchid dotty is a very nice fish but fairly shy. You might not see much of it.

Lots of choices out there.

enjoy

SeaHorse_Fanatic
03-03-2005, 08:39 AM
HN,

Cleaner gobies are also known as neon gobies, Gobiosoma oceanops. They look like minature versions of cleaner wrasse with a neon bright blue (or other colour) stripe down the side. They are now captive bred but have a very short lifespan of only a year or so. Beautiful lively little fish and usually very good cleaners too. Too bad we can't enjoy their company for years.

Anthony