PDA

View Full Version : Glass ?

Buccaneer
03-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on 3/4" glass ? ... I used to know of a guy that worked at a glass place that had used glass from squash courts and stuff but cant find his number after so many years.

need 3 sheets of 4' X 8' X 3/4" ... can be tinted but not necessary

whaase
03-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Would be to bold in suggesting IA? :biggrin:

Walter

Buccaneer
03-02-2005, 04:39 AM

Walter

You know Walter ... I tried that tac ... left a message for Mitch going on 3 weeks ago now ... not a call ... not even a whisper :rolleyes:

If I really cant find some elsewhere then I may break down and call again ... but as a last resort

Delphinus
03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Evan got his glass for that trapezoidal tank of his at the Glass Guild...

I've gotten some small pieces of glass for sump baffles from them. They have it all, Starphire, regular float, smoked, rippled, etc etc. I found their pricing for the small stuff to be reasonable. I imagine that translates into the large stuff as well, but then I've never looked to buy 3/4" glass so what do I know.

According to the white pages..
Glass Guild Ltd
3651 19 St NE
250-6947

They're just behind the Port-Of-Call.

Of course this is retail though ... I have no idea what to suggest about used glass. The only thing I can think of is some kind of recycler/salvage for buildings ... no idea if there is such a place locally. Sorry..

whaase
03-02-2005, 01:48 PM

Walter

You know Walter ... I tried that tac ... left a message for Mitch going on 3 weeks ago now ... not a call ... not even a whisper :rolleyes:

If I really cant find some elsewhere then I may break down and call again ... but as a last resort

Talk to Doug Betts. I had great service.

Walter