PDA

View Full Version : peppermint shrimp

robzilla
02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
hi, i've added a couple of peppermint shrimp on saturday. is it possible for both them to molt so quickly? or did 1 molt and the other perish? as i can only find 1 shrimp, and 2 skins.

Zerandise
02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I have 4 peppermints in my tank. both times i have gotten some they molted from the stress in the bag itself. I dont find it hard that both of your molted in the tank. They are very shy so you might not see one or both for upto a month.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Do you have anything in the tank that may pose a threat to the peppermints because when they molt, they become very vulnerable. If its still in the tank, this vulnerability is probably why it is hiding so well. Hope your's are ok :biggrin:

Anthony

robzilla
02-28-2005, 05:51 PM
the one found himself a little cavern that i can see into but the other, i seen part of him yesterday for brief second and thats it so far.

Zerandise
02-28-2005, 07:20 PM
like i said. mine sometimes go a month or more without being seen in my 55g. god only know how long it will be before i see them in my 140g. Its like a suprise when they pop up!!! :)

robzilla
02-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Do you have anything in the tank that may pose a threat to the peppermints because when they molt, they become very vulnerable. If its still in the tank, this vulnerability is probably why it is hiding so well. Hope your's are ok :biggrin:

Anthony
the only other guys i have in the tank are a couple of damsels and a chromy, so hopefully they're ok.

Rikko
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Peps are great little hiders - don't be surprised if you hardly see them.
Also, I'd say the majority of the shrimps I've added to my tank have molted within a couple of days. Either it's normal or my water is so dreadfully vile that they need to regrow a thicker shell within days or perish in the filth. :D