PDA

View Full Version : Calgary - 24" NO Bulbs New

EmilyB
05-17-2002, 10:02 PM
I ordered the wrong size bulbs - I can't even find a box to ship these back (they came in a huge box with a bunch of longer lamps). Before I go box hunting is there anyone in Calgary who uses 24" NO ?

I have one Coralife 10,000k (28.95) and one Phillips 03.(17.95) Let's skip the GST and what it would cost me to ship them back, plus my grief in finding a box and repacking and say $35 for both.

AJ_77
05-22-2002, 02:19 PM
Hi,

Do you still have these? I might be able to use them.

Cheers,
Alan

EmilyB
05-23-2002, 04:30 AM
I do Alan.

EmilyB
05-26-2002, 01:53 AM
Ok.........

so that's a definite no then :D

AJ_77
05-26-2002, 02:20 AM
I'M sorry, Deb - I fell asleep at the computer, and the puddle of drool on the keyboard was enormous. I finally had it drying in the sun today (first sunny day, right?) So, my apologies for not replying in a more timely fashion. ;)

I was thinking also about your ailing anemone - my pair of ocellaris are hostless - and then BANG it was snapped up, apparently. But you did mention it may be while before it is ready to transplant.

As for the Bulbs, I think I can use them in the future, after my hood mods are finished, but I hate buying for the future. My pile of "future" stuff is gi-normous. But yes, I should get them from you. If you're anxious to unload them, then please let me know.

I'm curious about your new tank - Bargain Finder? I saw a 90 with cherry stand/canopy, 4 mos. old for 500, and I had to say DOH! And those huge bowfronts recently for 800-1000, yow! Sounds like you guys got the "includes specimens" deal.

Thanks, cheers,

Alan

[ 25 May 2002, 22:22: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

EmilyB
05-26-2002, 03:56 AM
I'M sorry, Deb - I fell asleep at the computer, and the puddle of drool on the keyboard was enormous. I finally had it drying in the sun today (first sunny day, right?) So, my apologies for not replying in a more timely fashion.

Normal reefer then...

I was thinking also about your ailing anemone - my pair of ocellaris are hostless - and then BANG it was snapped up, apparently. But you did mention it may be while before it is ready to transplant.

I emailed that guy, but he never responded, nor do I know who he is. So, the anemone is still looking for the best home.

As for the Bulbs, I think I can use them in the future, after my hood mods are finished, but I hate buying for the future. My pile of "future" stuff is gi-normous. But yes, I should get them from you. If you're anxious to unload them, then please let me know.

No, I could go hunting around the city for a box longer than 24 " to return them, or I could keep them, or I could DIY them to fit the 20g FW. It's not a huge issue.

I'm curious about your new tank - Bargain Finder? I saw a 90 with cherry stand/canopy, 4 mos. old for 500, and I had to say DOH! And those huge bowfronts recently for 800-1000, yow! Sounds like you guys got the "includes specimens" deal.

No, actually, it was just someone who works with my husband. His son moved to Australia. Just a 50g with stand.

EmilyB
05-26-2002, 03:57 AM
The quote function works differently here, hope you can decipher that mess..
:D

AJ_77
05-26-2002, 06:14 PM
Hey there,

I know the guy that wants the BTA - he seems a good chap. I am also interested, but only if and when it's ready. Sounds like it's been through the mill. I have 4 'OVRNO' tubes and 2 actinic on a 90, maybe it would do OK here.

The 24" would come into play when I put the 250w MH over one side, for those with higher light requirements.

Is $30 okay for the bulbs? (Please forgive me if haggling is offensive to you. smile.gif )

And yes, your message was easily decipherable, after I saw your part. Glad I didn't read that late last night... ;)

Cheers,

Alan

EmilyB
05-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Sure, $30 is fine, if we do that soon. I haven't heard back from the other fellow as to make a deal on the anemone, and would prefer it is not just taken and resold. Therefore, I would be happy to hold it for you.

It is actually in very good color. A bit weak, just starting to eat, and continually moving around yet. Overall, looks pretty sweet. I can pic you if you'd like.

Let me know soon, so at least I know how to proceed with it. smile.gif

AJ_77
05-26-2002, 10:35 PM
It's under 60w as a small intro, and has been pretty timid, so may need some time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not in a hurry for it, just want it to be well enough. I could pick up the lamps in the next day or two, and take a peek at it?? Please e-mail your phone # if that sounds OK.

I'm in the NW near Crowchild & Stoney. Hopefully you're not part of the Priddis group. :D

EmilyB
05-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Not far for you then...

I won't struggle with this IE email on here again, maybe you got it. However, this site does not work with Netscape, which is my browser of choice, and my email client.

Email me..please :D :rolleyes:

Let's be clear here. You are the one trying to show you have a suitable home for the anemone...
or it will not leave here anyway.

[ 26 May 2002, 21:46: Message edited by: EmilyB ]

AJ_77
05-27-2002, 01:55 AM
I WIN! :D

J/K - a good home is paramount, as well as a good host for my babies. They seem kind of "lost" sometimes. Lots of swimming, sure, but nowhere to sleep. Tony said when his clowns got theirs, he never saw them again in full view... Small price to pay for their security, I guess.

So, you've got mail. smile.gif