PDA

View Full Version : HELP Can someone take my 5 fish for about 5 days????

adidas
02-25-2005, 04:46 AM
My landlord has forced me to take down the tank, i am moving next week, but he won't wait til ii move. 5pm tomorrow (friday) is the deadline or i will be forced to throw it away :(

I have a blue tng, powder blue tang (they have slight case of ick) 2 clowns and a goby. I will pay if i have to if someone has the room to board them.

Would have to pick em up tonight, or tomorrow.

thanks

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 04:53 AM
I think its going to be hard to find someone to take them if they have ick. I would have baby sat if they didnt have it.

Cap'n
02-25-2005, 05:07 AM
How is he going to throw it away? I say call his bluff, what's five more days?

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Ok, how bad is the ICK, I have a soft spot for fish that might end up in the trash.

adidas
02-25-2005, 05:12 AM
Ok, how bad is the ICK, I have a soft spot for fish that might end up in the trash. the ick isnt bad, its only on the two tangs, i just bought ick kick tonight. it looks like it is clearing up. :)

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 05:15 AM
Well, now i have a 33 gallon refuge they could live in for a while since putting them into the main tank ill probly never get them out.

adidas
02-25-2005, 05:22 AM
Well, now i have a 33 gallon refuge they could live in for a while since putting them into the main tank ill probly never get them out.

they are easy to catch, the powder blue and blue tangs are pretty big.

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 05:26 AM
The tangs maybe easy to catch but ill never get 2 clowns and a goby out of a 210 gallon tank.

adidas
02-25-2005, 05:30 AM
The tangs maybe easy to catch but ill never get 2 clowns and a goby out of a 210 gallon tank. lol

ya the clowns and goby will be ok in small tank. so can ya help me out? i'll be able to pay you a bit. :)

Joel

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 05:33 AM
If you got egg crate ill take that as payment, i need something to cover the refuge to stop the fish from jumping out, Where abouts in the city do you live. and how long do you need the fish held for.

danny zubot
02-25-2005, 05:10 PM
What a bumb wrap, I'd call his bluff too. A landlord only has so many rights, and since fish don't count as pets I don't think he has the right to force you to take the tank down. Maybe if it poses structural concerns, how big is the tank?

adidas
02-25-2005, 08:35 PM
What a bumb wrap, I'd call his bluff too. A landlord only has so many rights, and since fish don't count as pets I don't think he has the right to force you to take the tank down. Maybe if it poses structural concerns, how big is the tank?

if it was just a regular landlord/tenant issue i'd agree with you, but, my parents own the place i'm living in, and I didn't run it by them b4 i got the first tank. Soooo I got in shit and thats why I have to do this.

It does suck, but I have no choice, can't beat $500/mnth for a 2bdrm new condo :mrgreen:

Cap'n
02-26-2005, 02:13 AM
So, it's your parents place? This doesn't make sense.

Send the landlord to see your folks with any complaints, since they own the place they should be able to handle him. Buy your parents a gift certificate for a nice restaurant for the trouble. Tell them, "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry. I learned my lesson."

Seems far better than subjecting your poor fish to unecessary stress.

adidas
02-26-2005, 02:17 AM
So, it's your parents place? This doesn't make sense.

Send the landlord to see your folks with any complaints, since they own the place they should be able to handle him. Buy your parents a gift certificate for a nice restaurant for the trouble. Tell them, "Mom, Dad, I'm sorry. I learned my lesson."

Seems far better than subjecting your poor fish to unecessary stress.

landlord=parents. I know it's stressful for them, but they will be ok. they are in good hands. :)

Cap'n
02-26-2005, 02:19 AM
It's past the deadline. Is the tank on the lawn yet?

Tarolisol
02-26-2005, 03:10 AM
Haha well i saved the fish, and very nice looking tangs to, i dont see any sign of ick as of the moment. I want the regal :mrgreen: . Any word on the new house?

AJ_77
02-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Sean, what's the phrase?? Oh yeah, "possession is 9/10 of the law."

:mrgreen: Let me know about the PB... :wink:

Tarolisol
02-26-2005, 03:59 AM
Ok ill start the bidding on adidas fish at 20 dollars. :lol: All the fish are doing great, eve the powder blue looks fine.

AJ_77
02-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Bidding?!? why you little... what happened to our deal??!!

:mrgreen:

good luck with those.

Willow
02-26-2005, 04:49 AM
i say don't give them back until he gets a bigger tank :razz:

EmilyB
02-26-2005, 05:23 AM
:confused:

adidas
02-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Ok ill start the bidding on adidas fish at 20 dollars. :lol: All the fish are doing great, eve the powder blue looks fine.

LOL

adidas
02-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Haha well i saved the fish, and very nice looking tangs to, i dont see any sign of ick as of the moment. I want the regal :mrgreen: . Any word on the new house?

The Regal is nice :) if there is no ick, wow thats great. Bet they are loving the big tank :mrgreen: well movin 31st probably, maybe earlier.

adidas
02-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Aren't the clowns cute? :cool:

Tarolisol
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Im more of a fan of the regal, i do notice a few white dots buts its still eating so i wouldnt worry.

adidas
02-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Im more of a fan of the regal, i do notice a few white dots buts its still eating so i wouldnt worry.

If you really want the Regal, maybe we will work something out since you were cool and helped me out. :mrgreen:

Keep feeding him the garlic :)

adidas
02-28-2005, 05:28 AM
How long can you babysit em? :)

Tarolisol
02-28-2005, 05:42 AM
They can stay in there untill they grow old and die :) or you know whenever you want them back. The goby is wierd, im not a big fan of it, looks like a swiming snake, even more so then eels.

adidas
02-28-2005, 05:45 AM
They can stay in there untill they grow old and die :) or you know whenever you want them back. The goby is wierd, im not a big fan of it, looks like a swiming snake, even more so then eels.

Ya the goby is weird unless he has sand to dig into and hide under a rock.

adidas
02-28-2005, 05:48 AM
oh ya, and his name is Goober!
LOL

he belongs to my roommate.

pandafishowner
02-28-2005, 06:35 AM

:cry: my goby isn't weird, he's speshal :biggrin: news on the house is it looks like we should be accepted. we're still the only ones who put in an application to rent it. hoping another week at most and our fishies should be home. :biggrin:

adidas
02-28-2005, 07:54 AM

:cry: my goby isn't weird, he's speshal :biggrin: news on the house is it looks like we should be accepted. we're still the only ones who put in an application to rent it. hoping another week at most and our fishies should be home. :biggrin:

hopefully, unless we have to a cycle! we've only got about 20G of establised water, and 40lbs live rock. Not sure if the 80lbs of live sand is still "live" after 2 days un-heated with no circulation :eek: