PDA

View Full Version : This ones for Beverly

ABreefkpr
02-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Here's a picture of the 72gal bowfront. I got this one set up not that long ago. No fish yet just some corals. The white spots on the glass are stomatella. I will post more pics of this and some of the 28gal tank in the next couple of days, the lights went out tonight so I couldn't get any more.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/60372bow001-med.jpg

Keith

megatron_55
02-25-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey what are your tank dimensions??? Is that the coralife dual HQI halides??? I want that lighting but I thought it wouldn't fit on a 72 bow front (tank that I want) . . . LMK a.s.a.p!! Thanks

Beverly
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Keith,

Looking good :biggrin: Thanks for posting the pic :cool:

Mega,

Have tank dimensions, pics, etc. of that tank when I had it set up:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/72gal-fish-softcoral.htm

ABreefkpr
02-25-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey what are your tank dimensions??? Is that the coralife dual HQI halides??? I want that lighting but I thought it wouldn't fit on a 72 bow front (tank that I want) . . . LMK a.s.a.p!! Thanks

Keith,

Looking good Thanks for posting the pic

Mega,

Have tank dimensions, pics, etc. of that tank when I had it set up:

http://www.lostmymarblz.com/72gal-fish-softcoral.htm

Thanks for the dimensions and the reminder of how the tank used to look Beverly(I've got my work cut out for me, I forgot just how good it looked. :mrgreen: )

The fixture over the tank is a coralife but it's a 48" LunarLight 4-65W PC. I sure like it and I have enough MH's running in my basement. :biggrin:

Keith

danny zubot
02-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Nice pics! Do you know if those tanks use tempered gals bottoms or backs. I really like it but if I were to get one I'd want to have it drilled.

Beverly
02-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Danny,

It's an Oceanic tank and stand. You can buy them drilled with an overflow. Bought mine at Super Pet, which is affiliated with PJ's. Don't know who else carries Oceanic tanks, but they're pretty common.

Willow
02-25-2005, 03:44 PM
i think you need some more rock in there, it looks kinda barren.

ABreefkpr
02-25-2005, 03:48 PM
i think you need some more rock in there, it looks kinda barren.

I agree. More rock, more coral and fish.

Delphinus
02-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Nice pics! Do you know if those tanks use tempered gals bottoms or backs. I really like it but if I were to get one I'd want to have it drilled.

Yes they do (and they put a sticker on it that says "Tempered - do not drill". At least they did on my old 72g. You can get them prebuilt with overflow.

You can actually get them from IA. I almost bought one from them to replace mine, when it sprung a leak. They had the best price in the city.

They are still a lot of money, next to comparable volume square tanks.

ABreefkpr
02-25-2005, 06:05 PM

Yes they do (and they put a sticker on it that says "Tempered - do not drill". At least they did on my old 72g. You can get them prebuilt with overflow.

You can actually get them from IA. I almost bought one from them to replace mine, when it sprung a leak. They had the best price in the city.

They are still a lot of money, next to comparable volume square tanks.

This one has the sticker warning of tempered glass. I think, and I could be wrong, All Glass and Oceanic come standard with tempered bottoms, unless it is reef ready.

muck
02-25-2005, 06:11 PM
This one has the sticker warning of tempered glass. I think, and I could be wrong, All Glass and Oceanic come standard with tempered bottoms, unless it is reef ready.

I sent Hagen who make the All-Glass tanks an email a little while ago asking about if any of their tanks had tempered glass and this is the response I got...

Sir,
We do not use any tempered glass on any of our aquariums.
Regards,

Michel Richer
Hagen Industries Ltd.

ABreefkpr
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
This was copied off of All-Glasses' FAQ page.

Can I drill holes in my aquarium for external filters?

Maybe, many of our aquariums are made with tempered glass in the bottom. Tempered glass cannot be drilled. Non-tempered glass panels may be drilled by a qualified technician. In some cases, you may special order All-Glass aquariums pre-drilled with the MegaFlow or Twin-Flow overflow systems. You could also special order, in some cases, an aquarium with non-tempered glass if you wanted to have it drilled outside of our facility. If you have an older tank that you want to drill, don’t take any chances - if you are not sure that the glass is non-tempered, do not drill it.

Maybe I should have said they use tempered in their bowfronts unless you buy reef ready but that still goes against what the Hagen rep told you. The fact is though that their website does mention tempered bottoms on many of their aquariums.

muck
02-25-2005, 07:18 PM
Interesting find there Keith...

Which source is right? :confused:

mr_alberta
02-25-2005, 07:51 PM
You guys have probably seen this site already, but it might be handy to those who haven't:

http://www.all-glass.com/services/techinfo.shtml

Ryan
02-26-2005, 05:58 AM
MY LFSA has a tank just like that on on the bottom has the good old "DO not drill Tempered Glass" Sticker on it

sumpfinfishe
02-26-2005, 07:30 AM
Keith that looks great :biggrin:
Maybe put a sheet of blk/blue plasic board behind the glass to hide the equipment -JMO