PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Calgary...90% about burgers & Meeting arrangem

bulletsworld
02-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Curious on anyone's travel's....has anyone seen a sun coral in stores up there for a good price? Or anyone looking to get rid of theirs?

Coming up saturday for the day & thought I could save myself a trip in every store.

Thanks a bunch, :mrgreen:

Lee

P.S ALSO Anyone need stuff brought up from Edmonton or back down to Edmonton let me know.

THANKS!

Bob I
02-23-2005, 12:47 AM
I was at Ocean a couple of days ago, and they had some Sun Corals. I did not look at the price. :biggrin:

adidas
02-23-2005, 02:40 AM
I was at Ocean a couple of days ago, and they had some Sun Corals. I did not look at the price. :biggrin:

off-topic, but Where is Ocean, and do they have a website?
thx

Bob I
02-23-2005, 02:59 AM
No website. Centre St. & 25th ave. North. :biggrin:

AJ_77
02-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Ocean is on the east side of Center St N at about 24th avenue, 2 doors down from Amandine Bakery - worth the trip too.

Wai's also had some orange sun corals the other day, didn't bother to check the price (I'm sensitive to sticker shock).

Wai's is across 16th avenue from Peters' Drive-In. :biggrin: mmmmm... chocolate-banana milkshake....

AndyL
02-23-2005, 03:31 AM
Mmmmm double cheese and butterscotch shake... *drool*

monza
02-23-2005, 03:59 AM
auugh, over rated greasy burger keep driving... :eek:

bulletsworld
02-23-2005, 05:53 AM
Yeah I so have to try Peters' Drive-In! It's across from Wai's this WHOLE time :eek: ! Damn I wondered where this place was. :lol:

Anyone know the best route to get to Ocean's from Wai's? Last time I gave up looking for it. So bad with getting lost in Calgary.

Anyone see the price of the sun corals?

:mrgreen:

EmilyB
02-23-2005, 06:12 AM
If you like Vietnamese, you will find the best chicken-based wor wonton in the city in the mall with Wais. Giang Nam I believe.

If you like cheap burgers and fries that taste like four hundred people before you.....make sure to do Peters. :mrgreen: :lol:

bulletsworld
02-23-2005, 06:42 AM
If you like Vietnamese, you will find the best chicken-based wor wonton in the city in the mall with Wais. Giang Nam I believe.

If you like cheap burgers and fries that taste like four hundred people before you.....make sure to do Peters. :mrgreen: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Love Wor wonton! Can't miss a chance to check out a place besides "Charly Chan's" in Calgary there. Looking for more places to try good wor wonton. In the Wais mall you say?

P.S You finally put a pic of your doggie! Awww...... so adorable! I soOoooOo want a doberman! Nice dog you got there Deb :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
02-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Anyone know the best route to get to Ocean's from Wai's? Last time I gave up looking for it. So bad with getting lost in Calgary.

IIRC, to get to Ocean's from Wai's (assuming you are in Wai's parking lot) is turn right to go to center street, turn right again onto Center Street, head north. Oceans is about ~10 blocks away on your right hand side.

muck
02-23-2005, 02:04 PM

IIRC, to get to Ocean's from Wai's (assuming you are in Wai's parking lot) is turn right to go to center street, turn right again onto Center Street, head north. Oceans is about ~10 blocks away on your right hand side.
Yep. It is pretty easy to drive right past it though. The signs not that big...
Its in a strip mall on the right. A little granny driving and rubberneckin' and you should find it no problem. :mrgreen:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-23-2005, 06:50 PM
So Ryan,

Is that your usual driving style? :lol: :lol:

Anthony

RobbAdams
02-23-2005, 07:31 PM
OK I will meet you at Peters' IF you bring me a Salsbary Barron with mushrooms and cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Burger Baron

AndyL
02-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Easiest way to spot oceans, is when driving down center street, look for tuxedo cycle/sports (2 story building - has a couple big signs - hard to miss) Oceans is in the strip mall just north of them.

Andy

bulletsworld
02-24-2005, 05:49 PM
OK I will meet you at Peters' IF you bring me a Salsbary Barron with mushrooms and cheese. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Burger Baron

They dont have a Burger baron in Calgary? :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the directions guys! Someone even offered to be my guide! WOW, I'm so spoiled hey! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

*PAPERHUGS*

Lee

Cap'n
02-25-2005, 01:35 AM

We have The Burger Inn!

Hard to beat a Peters' shake (especially the banana) but a Cosco patty on keptchup-soaked white bread would be more palatable than one of their greasy-sponge-pseudo-burgers.

bulletsworld
02-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey Banana Shake....YUM! :icecream: O.K I gotta try Peters' and see what its all about.

Hey Rob,

I'll meet you at Peters and bring you a Salsbary Barron with mushrooms & cheese from Burger Baron. :lol: The town abbortford I believe is where I was that had a burger Barron. I think it was aprox. 30mins out of Calgary. But only thing is... your burger might be cold. :neutral:

Bob I
02-25-2005, 03:07 AM

We have The Burger Inn!

Hard to beat a Peters' shake (especially the banana) but a Cosco patty on keptchup-soaked white bread would be more palatable than one of their greasy-sponge-pseudo-burgers.

I guess it is a good thing that the many hundreds of thousands of people who have bought burgers there since the 1950's don't share your feelings. :eek:

Cap'n
02-25-2005, 05:17 AM

We have The Burger Inn!

I guess it is a good thing that the many hundreds of thousands of people who have bought burgers there since the 1950's don't share your feelings. :eek:

Well, if you're judging by quantity then the McD's across the road has an even better burger, right Bob?

:microwav:

Tarolisol
02-25-2005, 05:19 AM
Well, if you're judging by quantity then the McD's across the road has an even better burger, right Bob?

Oh i love McDs bergers, id take a quarter pounder over peters any day.

bulletsworld
02-25-2005, 05:29 AM
Damn I'm looking for Sun Corals people! Not burgers! :lol:

Well they say the key to a man's heart is food....hmm... I think its been proven here...thanks guy. :lol:

I soooOOOOo gotta try this Peters' Drive-thru though.

:icecream:

adidas
02-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Damn I'm looking for Sun Corals people! Not burgers! :lol:

Well they say the key to a man's heart is food....hmm... I think its been proven here...thanks guy. :lol:

I soooOOOOo gotta try this Peters' Drive-thru though.

:icecream:

Don't believe these guys, peter's is good.... At least they actually cook the burgers fresh on a grill!! :smile:

RobbAdams
02-25-2005, 02:54 PM
OK there were deffinately Sun coral at Wais when I was there Last Weekend, Hopefully they will still have them!

danny zubot
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Bob siad, I guess it is a good thing that the many hundreds of thousands of people who have bought burgers there since the 1950's don't share your feelings.

I'll bet most of them wished they'd have worn a bib! :splat:

Snappy
02-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Just so I can stay off topic too, if you want a good burger go to
Boogies Burgers on Edmonton Tr and about 10th? Ave NE.
When at Wai's, as I will be surprised if he doesn't have sun polyps say hi to Daniel for me.
Greg

AndyL
02-26-2005, 12:24 AM
I was just there under 30 minutes ago - he's still got some.

Andy

bulletsworld
02-26-2005, 04:17 AM
how much? how much?

AndyL
02-26-2005, 04:21 AM
I think they were 60... But I completely forgot about this thread, so I didn't ACTUALLY look for the price.

So assume 60$ +/- 600% 9 times out of 10.

It's too bad the Ocean employees who lurk on the board don't post. I'm sure they could have settled this up a page or so ago...

Andy

bulletsworld
02-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Sorry Everyone,

I'm at home with the flu/cold today and so my trip up to Calgary been cancelled.

I have postponed it till next Saturday instead.... thinking it gives me lots of time to recover.

Sorry for any inconvenience. P.M me later to rearrange pickups & deliveries. Back to bed I go.... Otherwise see you next Saturday.

Lee

AndyL
02-26-2005, 11:46 PM
While I was poking around today... I noticed, golds has some, Big als has some, riverfront has some Oceans had some on friday...

I'd suggest you probably wont have trouble finding them.

Andy

Cap'n
02-27-2005, 06:28 AM
I heard the best thing to cure a cold was a greasy burger.

adidas
02-28-2005, 06:40 AM

should change the title of this thread. 90% of it is about burgers lol

bulletsworld
03-02-2005, 09:53 PM

should change the title of this thread. 90% of it is about burgers lol

O.k I changed the post :lol: :lol:

O.k I'm getting better everyone, jacking up in cold drugs so I'm ready for the roadtrip for Calgary this Saturday. :silly:

Special thanks goes out to BOB_I for picking me out & holding a Sun coral for Meeee! Woohoo! Thanks BOB! *PAPERHUGS*

Also just cause I keep getting asked like crazy.... I going to start a waiting list for the Silver tip Pom Pom Xenia frags. I'm losing track of how many wanted and who's first. So please PM me so I can add you to my list & mark you off if I dont already have you on there.

Also anyone else need anything going back to Edmonton or up from Edmonton this Saturday please let me know before this Friday.

So far I'm meeting a couple of you at Ocean's at 4p.m. on Saturday. See you then!

Thanks a bunch,
Lee