PDA

View Full Version : close call..... sorta :(

adidas
02-22-2005, 06:06 AM
My boxfish hasn't been himself lately so I moved him to a qtank. Hour later he had died and expelled the toxins. Thankfully he didn't die in the main tank. Too bad though, he was the most curious, smart and brave fish I had. definately had personality! :(

Tarolisol
02-22-2005, 06:36 AM
How do you know if it expelled its toxins? I had a box fish die out of the blue in my tank and nothing happened at all to the other inhabitants.

adidas
02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
How do you know if it expelled its toxins? I had a box fish die out of the blue in my tank and nothing happened at all to the other inhabitants.

he was in a small container (i even took him out of the Qtank cuz i had another fish there)my roommate was watching him and said she saw something excreting, the water was discolored.

Since i pulled the stressed boxfish from my main tank, the other fish's behaviours seemed to have improved.

danny zubot
02-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your boxfish. Its weird that all of your other fish are doing better since it was removed. Any theories?

adidas
02-23-2005, 12:49 AM
Sorry to hear about your boxfish. Its weird that all of your other fish are doing better since it was removed. Any theories?

Well I know the boxfish (Willie) was stressed for a few days... so maybe he was poisoning them a bit?

I also had a lil unicorn tang that was dying, but i quarrintined him 3 days ago, and he is just getting back to his regular color. Looks like i saved him, he was starting to swim and eat again today :)