PDA

View Full Version : xenia (not elongata) FS or Trade

smokinreefer
05-05-2002, 08:28 PM
i have some xenia frags for sale or trade. $10 or whatever you have to offer for trade.

it is not x.elongata or fiji pom pom. it is a pulsing variety though.

below is a picture of both elongata and the type i have a vailable, so you can see the difference for yourselves.

http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/2xenias.jpg

*be warned, there are flatworms present in my tank, though they do not attach to the xenia, they may be present on the rubble they are attached to.

Acro
05-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Shao,

Can you remember were you perchased this type from? I used to have a type that looks similiar. But was killed off from a type of anthelia that died in my system. This was about 1 1/2 years ago.

smokinreefer
05-17-2002, 03:48 PM
oh geez, sorry jamie...i didnt see this reply...wasnt tryin to ignore ya.

i actually got this from scott, who i believe originally got it from troy.

but i too had some very similar stuff a couple of years ago, whom i bought from a local reefer, who has since moved back to the U.S. and mine died during my rio pump meltdown.

FWIW, it looks like the same stuff, but i guess we will never know for sure.

anyway, my tank is making a pretty good recovery from the crash...hopefully i will be needing to replace all those nice frags i got from you, which might i add, were growing nicely. so i will be in touch with you in a few weeks. and if you can manage to find a little empty spot in your tank that isnt overgrown by sps, i can certainly give you some of that xenia if you'd like.

later,
shao

*by the way folk...this stuff is still growing and pumping away like mad...so if your interested in some, just give me a shout.