PDA

View Full Version : Final Tank Setup

KrazyKuch
02-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Finally finished setting up the tank it now has a sump and Fuge Here are some pics!!Let me know of any suggestions if you can think and or see any!!

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/507/1407Tank_001-med.jpg
Front of the tank and most of you have seen it allready!!
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/507/1407Tank_002-med.jpg
From the back from here you can see the hang on overflow and my plumbing to my sump which can't be seen from here, and you can also see my newly set up fuge!!
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/507/1407Tank_003-med.jpg
Here is a shot of my sump I didn't have anypumps strong enough to pump the water up to my tank so I had to use my 2 fluvals(204's) I connected them together for my return to my tank!!!

danny zubot
02-21-2005, 09:47 PM
Looks good, what kind of light do you have over the tank?

Ryan
02-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Thats awsome. Love the clown in the fuge idea are you going to eventualy move them to the display tank or not. Love the lemon peel also.

BCWolfen
02-21-2005, 10:31 PM
That looks great. Nice work on the aquscaping. It really looks very natural!

Down the road you could add some bigger pieces of LR to the fuge, remove the canopy and add a pendant and then get some mangroves and allow them to root onto the LR and grow out above the water. Thats my plan for my 33. A display, mangrove planted refugium. I will still also have a 12" x 16" fuge in my sump with LR, sand and macro algae.

Willow
02-21-2005, 11:10 PM
mangroves are neeto but don't provide much in the way of nutrient export.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-12/ac/feature/index.htm

sumpfinfishe
02-22-2005, 02:31 AM
I would run a sheet of black/blue plastic mat board behind the glass at the rear, this will help hide all of your hang-on equipment and it will also give the back area of the reef a dark area where fish can retreat to.

Also I noticed that your skimmer is pulling out almost clear liquid, if you do a search on here or RC you can find an easy mod for it, which allows it to be turned up full blast and yet have a longer throat so your not over skimming and the skimate is nice and green. I did this simple mod to my Prizm over a year ago and it performs much better. Without this mod I had to run the skimmer at 50% flow because if I turned it up any higher the cup would just fill up with water.

Looks good :biggrin:

Marnie
02-22-2005, 03:29 AM
I would run a sheet of black/blue plastic mat board behind the glass at the rear, this will help hide all of your hang-on equipment and it will also give the back area of the reef a dark area where fish can retreat to.

Also I noticed that your skimmer is pulling out almost clear liquid, if you do a search on here or RC you can find an easy mod for it, which allows it to be turned up full blast and yet have a longer throat so your not over skimming and the skimate is nice and green. I did this simple mod to my Prizm over a year ago and it performs much better. Without this mod I had to run the skimmer at 50% flow because if I turned it up any higher the cup would just fill up with water.

Looks good :biggrin:

Could you or someone post a pic of the extended reaction chamber on the Prism Pro. I looked on old thread and pics aren't showing up.

Thanks

megatron_55
02-22-2005, 06:49 AM
Nice set up dude . . . just curious. . . what lighting are you using??

sumpfinfishe
02-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Picture sent :mrgreen:

mr_alberta
02-22-2005, 02:26 PM
Nice set up dude . . . just curious. . . what lighting are you using??

IIRC it is a Halide Bell Pendant they are using. Don't know the wattage though.

robzilla
02-23-2005, 01:06 AM
could i get a pic of the mod's to the prism skimmer too?
please,
thanks rob

sumpfinfishe
02-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Rob, you have PM :biggrin:

Jaws
02-23-2005, 05:36 AM
please,
thanks rob

Me too?

phreezee
02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
please,
thanks rob

Me too?

Me too Please!!

Thanks

KrazyKuch
02-24-2005, 10:05 PM
We are using a 250W 14K MH Bulb in just a simple fixture Kinda temp hung from ceiling!!!

The clowns are staying in the fuge for we have two tomato clowns in our tank

Thanks for all the ideas.....Also this pic was taken just after a water change and I have noticed that when i do a water change the skimmer goes nuts and just fills up with water....But I will implement this change just for the fact that it seems cheap and easy to do..(Am Currently building a Beckett Skimmer!!!)

michika
02-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Thats awsome. Love the clown in the fuge idea are you going to eventualy move them to the display tank or not. Love the lemon peel also.

Clowns aren't moving, there are two tomato clowns in the display tank about twice their size. One of the oc. clowns is blind in one eye as well so not much of a survival chance there.

sumpfinfishe
02-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Here's the info on the Prizm mod, very easy and it works!

UnderWorldAquatics wrote:

I used a piece of 2"od acrylic that was 1 15/16" long and siliconed it into the recess under the collection cup, then I slid a piece of 2' scheldue 40 pvc that is 1 3/4" long over the piece of acrylic, I put a bit of silicone between the two as there was a little play... I also added an extra o-ring to the skimmer body, the pvc slides over the neck of the skimmer body and stops when it meets up with the acrylic tube inside the pvc. Setup like this you can open up the flow controll on the skimmer all the way, for bubbles I will get pics soon of the buble trap I made out of some scrap acrylic and filter floss... it works very well, seemed to handle a well stocked 135gallon without problem, might want to add a fitting to drain the collection cup into a remote collection jug as it fills the collection cup almost to the top everyday with a dark green soup.