PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Mysis Relicta Shrimp

UnderWorldAquatics
05-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Anyone interested in freshly caught Mysis Relicta shrimp??? I caught and packaged it last night. Very fresh!!! From same lake as Piscine Energetics gets theirs from.
Product is in unmarked commercial frezer bags, about 8oz and 16 oz sizes. Call if interested with quantity requirements. Min 5lbs order.

Phone: 1-250-707-1313
Regards: Kyle

Delphinus
05-01-2002, 07:34 PM
I have a few questions ...

How many bags (of say the Piscine Energetics equivalent) is 5 lbs.? I forget offhand the bag size that I use... 8 oz. bag maybe? (I have no idea how many oz. in a lb.? I grew up in the metric age!) I'm taking a wild guess that there are 16 oz. in a lb., which would mean that 5 lbs. is 10 bags?

How do you ship it if it's frozen, such that it won't spoil while in transit? (Is overnighting it adequate?)

And ... this last one is just for my own curiousity ... what lake is it?? :D

Thanks

UnderWorldAquatics
05-01-2002, 09:10 PM
You probably use 8oz bags and yes 16oz is 1 lb.
I usually ship it greyhound or another courier. Product is shipped in styro boxes with ice packs, and it keeps just fine. For International shipping I use dry ice. And right now the shrimp is comming out of Okanogan Lake in Kelowna B.C. Canada.
Heres a question for the list.....
What is a fair price to pay from your standpoint???
8oz?
16oz?
2.5lbs?
5lbs?

bongy
05-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Hi deepblue,

How hot do you think they can live in? I was wondering whether I can keep some live in my fresh water heavily planted tank. More for fun rather than for food.

I would be interested in some frozen one as well. I think I got some friend that will probably be interested too.

Bongy

StirCrazy
05-02-2002, 07:07 PM
deepblueaquatics, it is cool and all that, that you are offereing these for sale but shoulden't this post be in the vender anouncments?

Steve

UnderWorldAquatics
05-02-2002, 10:43 PM
No it should not be on the vendor announcements because I am no longer a vendor. I am doing this on my own, not under any buisness, if you want some call me if not, oh well...

canadawest
05-02-2002, 10:59 PM
Hey Kyle, as I've never seen mysis shrimp before, how large are they? How long will they live and how do you keep them?

I frequent Kelowna every month or two, so next time I'm up I'd like to see them and probably buy some.

For others interested, I could arrange orders from local buyers and get a large quantity to bring back for interested people here? Lets discuss.

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 12:16 PM
The mysis is in a frozen state. The mysis can be kept alive in fresh water in a fridge with live phyto plankton for over a month. But then theres the fact that it is illegal to ship it live because if it gets into another lake it will take the lake over and depleat it of its phyto plankton and then all your local baby fish will die from lack of food. I cant belive some of you dont know what Mysis is??? Ill let you in on a little secret... It is probably the best single fish feed in the world!!!!! Nutritional profile blows most everything away!!! Its like taking the nutrition of 100 brine shrimp and stuffing all that nutrition into one shrimp and then adding half a bottle of selcon. For those of you who dont know, us feeding our fish brine shrimp is the equivlent of us eating horse diahrea, sure theres some nutrition there, but comon!!! Its Crap!!! For info on the product check out this website. www.canadianlakeplankton.com (http://www.canadianlakeplankton.com) I do consulting for these guys and right now part of my pay is Mysis Shrimp and Im making it available to you guys for a really great deal. Ill say the same thing any other feed manufacture will tell you but Im not lieing, it will make your fish healthier, bigger, stronger, more colourful, boost imune system, and make you rich and prosperous. Well mabey I might lie abit too....
P.S. I will have freze dried soon...

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 12:20 PM
Sorry I missed one point. No Im not a middle man, I get the Mysis direct from the boat. I think their min order is $200.00USD and they charge more than I do, Im really only doing this to promote the product.
MYSIS SHRIMP IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy F
05-03-2002, 01:30 PM
Kyle, a little off-topic but; how goes the fish breeding set up?

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Off topic reply... Anyone have $100,000.00 they could lend me...
LOL
Its going slow but good Im just waiting on some money, and making room for the growout tanks. I think Ill have 500 tank raised blue tangs ready this fall.

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 02:37 PM
So everyone is aware the Mysis is packged by volume, it is in 16oz and 8oz bags but might not weigh exactly 8oz or 16oz... the bags are verry full and you get more than your paying for. I think Ill ask $40.00 for 5 16oz bags or 10 8oz bags or any combo of both sizes adding up to 80oz.
Does this seem fair? Retail I see it selling for 10.99 +tax for 8oz. I pack pure mysis, no water added. Retail it would cost you $125.29 for the same size bags with water added. Probably easiest to ship collect on greyhound, or however you would like it shipped. Large group orders would save you the most money as product could be packed in large styro fish box with ice.

bongy
05-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Ha Ha. You just answered my question about the price.

Bongy

[ 03 May 2002, 10:42: Message edited by: bongy ]

DJ88
05-03-2002, 02:42 PM
ok.

Kyle,

I am heading to Penticton on the long weekend and can pick some up on my way home. We will work out directions as the day gets closer.

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 02:45 PM
Can everyone give me input as to my requested price??? Fair enough??? $40.00 for 80oz

bongy
05-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Kyle

That is a good price!!! :D I will order some from you for sure.

I am seriously thinking about ordering 10 lbs. (If I have room to keep that much in the freezer)

Bongy

DJ88
05-03-2002, 02:53 PM
I don't think most know what size 16oz looks like.. ;) I know I had to look at a package with oz's on it.. lol.

FYI a 3.5 oz pack is like the frozen cube stuff you get at the stores. Formula one, two, brine etc.

I think it is a decent price. Hence me buying some in a couple of weeks. :D

bongy
05-03-2002, 03:03 PM
You are correct.

I have been feeding blood worm for my fresh water tank. I probably finish a bag in 2-3 weeks. However, I have no idea what oz it is. I am planning to completely replaces my frozen blood worm with Mysis mainly because I think it is fresher, more nutritious and cleaner. When I get home tonight, I will check what size that is.

Bongy

DJ88
05-03-2002, 05:21 PM
off topic again.. ;) :D

Is that a ribbon eel in the second to last shot?

Is it eating? How long have you had it? How big is it?

UnderWorldAquatics
05-03-2002, 05:29 PM
I have had the ribbon eel for about 2 years and it is close to 3' long. he eats Mysis Shrimp and sometimes tiger prawns. He is for sale if anyone wants him. Make an offer. Very pretty eel, in great shape.

DJ88
05-03-2002, 05:33 PM
I'd love it but they get too big for my tanks.. ;)

Isn't it a juvenile? It looks a bit dark for a male. They usually go that wild funky blue when they are a mture male don't they?

canadawest
05-03-2002, 06:59 PM
Frozen sounds good to me, that way if I bring home a lot of it (and 80oz sounds like a lot) I don't have to worry about it spoiling (if it was live)

Kyle, I believe I'll be in Kelowna for the long weekend, so we can discuss a purchase as we get closer.

Once I finalize my plans, if anyone else is interested in getting some, I could bring some back for you.

UnderWorldAquatics
05-04-2002, 04:12 AM
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/deepblueaquatics/lst?.dir=/Vlamingii+Naso+Tang

this is a link to pics of my Super Male Vlamingii Naso Tang. I feed him Mysis and Dulse from Atlantic Canada (purple seaweed)

BCReefer
05-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Andrew I am interested in some. Let me know when you are leaving and how I should pay. I can take a half order or a full order.

Thanks
Patrick

canadawest
05-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey Patrick,

I'm not sure if I'm going up to Kelowna for the long weekend, or if my friends are coming down here. In any event I'll be either picking it up myself if I'm up there, or getting a friend of mine to bring some down to me when they come down for the long weekend.

It sounds to me like 80oz ($40 worth) is a lot of food, so if you like we can split it 50/50? (40oz should last us at least a couple months)You and I can make arrangements when we're near that weekend. And if it works out well, I'll get us some more next time I'm in Kelowna (which is several times at least during the summer).

BCReefer
05-09-2002, 04:56 AM
Great just E Mail when you have it and I can pick it up on the way home.

Cheers,
Patrick

DJ88
05-10-2002, 05:13 PM
Kyle,

I'll be up next weekend(long weekend). I am planning on dropping by on sunday. As it gets closer I'll call to confirm. I want the $40 package. smile.gif thanks

bongy
05-17-2002, 04:53 AM
Hi Kyle,

I have decided to buy 15 lbs from you. I will email you shortly about payments, etc.

Thanks.

Bongy