PDA

View Full Version : Results of Ricordia too close to Closed Brain

Bob I
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
Here's what happens when you allow your Ricordia to get too close to your Closed Brain. :mad:

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/caulastrea.jpg

Azilla
02-21-2005, 12:35 AM
yup mine engolfed 2 of my candy cane heads i didnt notice till morning but it had them both still i could see chunks inside the ric :evil:

Aquattro
02-21-2005, 01:18 AM
yup, those pesky mushroom type corals are potent. I had blue mushrooms take out the side of my hydnophora, which is something!!

danny zubot
02-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Twice I've had my orange fuzzy shrooms do damage. Once to my scroll and once to my candy coral. They both came back though.

Willow
02-21-2005, 02:55 PM
that doesnt look like any ricordia ive ever seen, it looks like a red mushroom.

muck
02-21-2005, 02:59 PM
that doesnt look like any ricordia ive ever seen, it looks like a red mushroom.
Thats what I was thinking... :confused:

Bob I
02-21-2005, 03:22 PM
You are both right about the Red Mushroom, but it has nothing to do with what I was showing. The picture intends to show the damage to the Brain. All other items in the picture are incidental. :eek:

muck
02-21-2005, 03:35 PM
You are both right about the Red Mushroom, but it has nothing to do with what I was showing. The picture intends to show the damage to the Brain. All other items in the picture are incidental. :eek:
Aahh... That makes more sense now Bob. Thanks for clearing that up. :mrgreen:

Samw
02-21-2005, 03:57 PM

I still don't know if it was the red mushroom or the Ricordia that did the damage.

Bob I
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM

I still don't know if it was the red mushroom or the Ricordia that did the damage.

The picture generated confusion I see. :redface:

After the Ricordia caused the damage, I moved the Brain away from the danger zone, and took the picture.

I will probably take that rock out later, and try to remove that red mushroom. :biggrin:

Delphinus
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
yup, those pesky mushroom type corals are potent. I had blue mushrooms take out the side of my hydnophora, which is something!!

Now that truly is something. I had just gotten the idea to try using my hydnophora as blue mushroom control as nothing else seems to be working. Kalk powder, they just laugh at that, thank me for the spicy meal. Although if one tried a sustained approach (repeat every 2 days or so) I imagine it would work.

sumpfinfishe
02-22-2005, 02:38 AM
One example of why mushrooms are a beginners coral eh Bob :razz:
There the bunnies of the sea, they just keep going and going :mrgreen: