PDA

View Full Version : Lettuce Nudibranch

rickjames
02-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Hello,

I am new to this board but I thought i would post a question about something interesting I found in my tank this morning. I had a lettuce slug in my tank before going to a higher flow SPS type setup, and unfortunately about a week ago he met his end on a powerhead :frown: . Half his body was stuck to the grate and the rest I presumed were expelled into the tank in pieces. This morning I look on the glass and low and behold a tiny lettuce slug! He is only about a quarter inch long, but easily recognizable.

Anyways, now my question is, do you think this little guy hatched, or can nudi's clone from splits like anemones?

Brennan.

Murminator
02-20-2005, 05:09 PM
I thought Rick James was dead :confused:

J/K ....:rainbowa: :drinking: :rainbow1:

Delphinus
02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
I think their heads can live on for a little while if something happens to them. Whether the heads eventually grows a new body though, I have no idea.

megatron_55
02-20-2005, 06:38 PM
might be a hitch hiker . . .? :confused:

rickjames
02-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah rj is dead, but I've named my cleaner shrimp in his memory.... :biggrin:

As for it being a hitch hiker, from what I know they come from the Atlantic and all my lr is pacific, so I don't think that is the case.

I think I am going to assume this is an offspring. I wonder if there are more of them crawlin' around. Dang hemaphrodites!

Brennan.

G1GY
02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
As for it being a hitch hiker, from what I know they come from the Atlantic and all my lr is pacific, so I don't think that is the case.

Brennan.

It's not only from wher the rock originates from that you'd get hitch hikers, it's also where it's been before you got it. Exporter/importer, wholesaler, distributor, LFS ect, ect.

rickjames
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Yeah that could be, never thought of my LR coming in contact with other stuff.