PDA

View Full Version : Rotting Flesh?!

Coldwater
02-20-2005, 05:10 AM
On one of my Silver Dollars looks like it has rotting flesh! It is about the size of dime. My tank parameters couldn't be better. What is wrong? Maybe its a sign that I should sick to Salt water aquariums.

Matt

karaea
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
sometimes you can have perfect tank perameters but the fish may get stressed out by someone else picking on him or something, resulting in the fish being more prone to parasites or fungus. this has happened to me a few times when one fish decided to try and rule the roost. I've found that mela fix and pima fix can work wonders on those kinds of things. When used in conjunction they pack a better punch and a fish that you may have thought would have an early meeting with the porcelin god may come back with flying colors... Let me know how he does... Silver dollars are amazing looking when healthy and happy. :smile:

Coldwater
02-20-2005, 10:07 PM
Um sorry to say this but I tore down my fesh water aquarium :rolleyes: . It leaked out about 20 gallons on too my bedroom floor last night :evil: ! So I just tore it down and gave my fish back to the fish store. I gave up on fresh water. I find salt water aquriums much more easily kept. That was the end of my 120 gallon.

Matt