PDA

View Full Version : Additives and test kits

Reefhawk1
02-19-2005, 02:35 AM
A general question for all the reefers: What test kits and additives do you recommend for ammonia phosphates, alkalinity, and ph?

Thanks,
Stan

Keen
02-19-2005, 08:11 AM
personally i use the hagen master test kit. it is a great test that does it all, from ph to iron.

mr_alberta
02-19-2005, 02:13 PM
For test kits, Salifert is suppose to be the best. I've also heard good things about Lamott test kits as well.

For additives, all I use it Kalk for the tank, Selcon for the food.

michika
02-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I use both Salifert and the hagen test kit, I prefer the Salifert for simplicity, but I'm not a fan of their test tubes!

I add garlic from the organic food store, Herb Pharm and its been pretty good to me!

bulletsworld
02-22-2005, 09:32 PM
I use the Hagen Master Test kit. Comes with every test kit that fits in a hard brief case... makes you look really smart. :lol: People really go WOW, the hobby is hard hey, after they see all the test kits (little lab) :lol: Also if you run outta one solution you can run out an by individuals.

Also for additives I use Kent calcium liquid, buffer milk, kent Iodine (makes xenia pulse more) and live DT phytoplankton. Then I use Selcon & Garlic Extreme for the food.

:mrgreen: