PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy frags

djbravoleader
05-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Anyone have any hard coral frags for sale??

reefboy22
05-09-2002, 05:58 PM
i do but vancouver is a ways away from edmonton let me know if u ever come out this way.

Delphinus
05-09-2002, 06:10 PM
If you're interested, I've got some purple acro colonies that I could frag. I also have some smallish Montipora capnicoris pieces (some "accidental frags" that were made a couple of weeks ago), which are orange with hints of rose/red starting to form in the growing area.

And as luck would have it (your luck, not mine tongue.gif ), I have to go to Edmonton for a few days next week... I could carry these with me but it might be tricky to meet up, as I am going up for a work related site support trip. I will be leaving in the morning, and I usually get in town about 9:30 when I do this. (Because this trip is for work, my availability is very limited. I don't really have any time to myself on these site trips..) So how is YOUR availability looking, could we arrange to meet in the morning during the week (or at lunchtime)?

Failing that, are you ever in the Calgary area? I'm sure we could work something out.

Anyways, if you're interested, send me an email... we'll talk. smile.gif

[ 09 May 2002, 14:18: Message edited by: delphinus ]

djbravoleader
05-10-2002, 02:54 PM
REEFBOY- Thanks, I will e-mail you if I do get out that way. Once again thanks!!

djbravoleader
05-10-2002, 02:55 PM
delphinus-You have mail

AJ_77
05-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by delphinus:
[QB]If you're interested, I've got some purple acro colonies that I could frag. I also have some smallish Montipora capnicoris pieces (some "accidental frags" that were made a couple of weeks ago), which are orange with hints of rose/red starting to form in the growing area.[QB]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Tony, are any of the deals available locally? ;)

Alan

Canadian Man
05-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Alan I will bud in and speak for Tony.
I am sure Tony would hook you up with an acro frag but they need intense lighting. like your Iwasaki set up ;)

AJ_77
05-10-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking of the orange "accidental frags" as well. Orange is maybe my favourite colour. :D (And then purple. ;) )

I know the MH setup needs to get in there. I'm boosting the flow today, and hopefully getting around to some carpentry this weekend. Maybe on Mother's Day, yeah... :rolleyes:

Alan

[ 10 May 2002, 12:02: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Dez
05-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Hey Tony,

I'll trade you the purple acro (that turned brown) for a red montipora digitata frag. I'll be in town this Sunday for mother's day and I'm bring Alan a pom-pom xenia frag, and bringing Eli some frags. Alan's meeting me at Eli's on Sunday late afternoon. You interested in the pulsing pom-pom? Let me know.. thanks Tony....

desmond

Delphinus
05-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Hi Dez, I have about several hundred individual pulsing xenia stalks (just ask Canadian_Man or Bob if I am exagerrating), and typically I cannot GIVE them away fast enough. Thanks for the offer, but no xenia for me please :D (And thanks a lot for making sure I can't ever give some to AJ_77 now! Grrr! ;) )

I'd be interested in a piece of that red acro you've got or your red monti though.

AJ_77
05-10-2002, 05:41 PM
Tony, if I remember correctly, Des has white pom-pom xenia (slow-growing). This is cool, because...

I'm hoping to have 2 different kinds! I'm still more than pleased to get some of yours. If I changed my mind on that, I'd tell you for sure. I mean, you've seen my tank - lots of room! :D

Now if I could only get down your way... This weekend is mostly booked up, but I'll look for the next good chance to visit you and Jon.

Alan smile.gif

[ 10 May 2002, 14:08: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
05-11-2002, 04:59 AM
AJ_77, of course they are available locally! smile.gif Canadian_Man is correct about the lighting, of course ...

Of the M. cap, what I have is pretty small still. The largest frags are no more than 1" square. The smallest is only a few mm in size, but amazingly even at that size they are showing polyp extension (M. cap has very small polyps -- you have to look REAL close ;) ). The real small ones, if they grow a little, will be looking for homes eventually, but for now I would like to grow them up a little.

My purple acro is a virtually bulletproof coral, and one of my fastest growing corals. A piece of it is available anytime, just need to break off a piece and away we go. Actually, I tend to make accidental frags of this all the time...

If anyone is interested, I also have a small colony (a frag made about a year ago) of my purple acro. Only thing is it is not purple, the tank it is in has an old bulb, and it hasn't gone purple on me. It is chocolate brown. Other than the somewhat less exciting colour it has a nice shape and is a decent size. It *will* colour up under good lighting... it just needs the proper environment. I've been hanging onto this guy for mainly sentimental reasons (I dunno .. I guess I get attached to my "baby corals") but I guess I don't really need 3 colonies of the same coral.. smile.gif