PDA

View Full Version : Condylactis Looks Bad

Mikey B
02-18-2005, 05:08 AM
I've had a Condylactis for about a month. His appearence changes a lot, but the last few days he has taken on a greyish colour (was white) and has shrunk up quite a bit.

Is this just a phase?

How can I tell if he is going to expire?

Mike

AJ_77
02-18-2005, 05:28 AM
I've had a Condylactis for about a month. His appearence changes a lot, but the last few days he has taken on a greyish colour (was white) and has shrunk up quite a bit.

Is this just a phase?

How can I tell if he is going to expire?

Mike
I've only had 1 condy, and that was a looooooong time ago. But grey is never good... I think mine turned grey before it turned to mush.

I would give it some time, but watch carefully in case it starts to dissolve.

danny zubot
02-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Was it white when you got it? Is the grey color spotted or a solid color? As Alan said grey isn't good, but if it is a blotchy pattern it could be zooanthalea growing back. Do you spot feed it and what kind of lighting do you have?

Mikey B
02-19-2005, 06:40 PM
It was sort of a transparent white with purple tips when I brought him home a month ago.
Now it doesn't inflate itself very much and is a solid light/med gray colour.
I have a 24 inch deep tank with 2 150W MH's and 2 96W Actinic's.

Thanks for the input....keep it coming.

Mike

danny zubot
02-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Is it still sticky? Does it grad food?

Mikey B
02-21-2005, 09:33 PM
He looks terrible, but he is still eating and is wondering all over the tank.

I kept him in my refugium for a few days, but have moved him back in the main tank. I think I was underfeeding him, so I am increasing the phytoplankton and other invert food a little.

Mike

Canadian Man
02-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Are you feeding him more than what you mentioned? Mysis? Brineshimp(at least?) :confused:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-22-2005, 03:43 AM
Anemones can take regular seafood. I feed mine small chopped up scallops & it loves it. Mysis ok but scallops, mmmmm that's the bomb :lol:

JME

Anthony

Mikey B
02-22-2005, 05:02 AM
Yup, he is getting a couple Mysis Shrimp once a week, and now I soak them in some vitamin and mineral stuff first.
Several of the things I have read about them says it is better to underfeed than overfeed, but the problem is I don't know how much is the right amount.

Thanks guys.

reefnut
02-26-2005, 04:41 AM
ive had my condy for a year now.some days hes shrivelled and grey and others hes huge.happens all the time i dont know why but he seems ok growing really big.