PDA

View Full Version : PVC fittings, Spa-Flex etc...

Shy_Koi
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm having a tough time locating 1" pvc or cpvc fittings (tee's, elbows, unions, caps, etc) and 1" pipe or spa flex tubing. Nothing in Portage and Brandon only had a limited supply of 3/4" :confused:
Would anyone happen to know of a retail source in Winnipeg? I was thinking of trying a hot tub dealer, but thought I'd ask here first :biggrin:
TIA,
~Tamara

Doug
02-17-2005, 02:45 PM
Hi Tamara,
One of the Home Depots in Winnipeg should carry it. Where did you look in Brandon?

I purchase all my plumbing fittings at a wholesale plumbing outlet on Park ave. It was called Westburne but now has another name I cant remember. Will get it for you though.

I just go to the counter and tell them what pvc fittings you are looking for.

muck
02-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi Tamara,
One of the Home Depots in Winnipeg should carry it. Where did you look in Brandon?

I purchase all my plumbing fittings at a wholesale plumbing outlet on Park ave. It was called Westburne but now has another name I cant remember. Will get it for you though.

I just go to the counter and tell them what pvc fittings you are looking for.
Its probably called Woseley Plumbing now as thats what the one in Edmonton is now called. :biggrin:

Shy_Koi
02-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Thanks Doug!
I tried Crane supply in Brandon, but they only sell wholesale. They pointed me to Canadian Tire, which is where I found the 3/4" fittings and a smattering of 1" ones...
The Home Depot there is huge, and had a great selection of ball valves but nothing for cpvc fittings.

Maybe I'm confused on plastic types. I'm searching for the slip type of fittings that are primed/glued (which seem to be the white coloured fittings?)
All of the grey type fittings that I found, seem to be the ridged push-on type, for black pipe? Are these push-on fittings safe to use? Or are these also glued?
~Tamara

Shy_Koi
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Its probably called Woseley Plumbing now as thats what the one in Edmonton is now called. :biggrin:

Thanks Ryan!
~Tamara

muck
02-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Sorry I spelled it wrong its Wolseley.
They even have a branch in Brandon, MB it looks like. :biggrin:

Brandon
2312 Park Avenue
Brandon Manitoba R7B 0S2
Phone: (204) 571-2300
Fax: (204) 725-5286

Winnipeg
1300 St. Matthews Avenue
Winnipeg Manitoba R3G 3K4
Phone: (204) 786-7861
Fax: (204) 783-6513

http://www.wolseleyinc.ca/english/Plumbing/Plumbing_Locations.htm

Quinster
02-17-2005, 04:19 PM
If you need spa flex I have a friend with access to all sizes and lengths...let me know what you need and I will get you some prices!! :biggrin:

Doug
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Muck, thats be it. Thanks.

Tamara, they have any type of fitting you could possibly dream up. :biggrin:

I have used some of the grey ones from Home depot. I assume they are the ones in the electrical section. I have no problems with them, yet.

Thats just on skimmer outputs or something and I have a couple of the grey couplings in my Mag12 return line, where I have valves.

Shy_Koi
02-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey Muck, thats be it. Thanks.
Tamara, they have any type of fitting you could possibly dream up. :biggrin:

WooHoo!
Thanks Doug, Ryan and Quinster! (I'll let you know if I decide to go the flex route).
With any luck, I'll finally get this baby up, by the end of the month.
It's been a long time in the works :eek:

Thanks again all!
~Tamara

Shy_Koi
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Took a quick trip to Brandon today, and found all of the sump plumbing supplies that I needed, at Wolseley.

Good thing I took my hand saw to cut the 10 ft pvc pipes in half. It was just too darn cold to let them hang out the car's window for the trip home :eek:

Thanks a bunch for all of your help guys!!!
~Tamara

Skimmerking
02-19-2005, 01:33 AM
And you didn't stop at my house shame on you Tamara.

338 dennis street the next time your in town...

p.s you have any tanks that you dont need looking for a glass sump to have a refugium and sump in one.

mike

maybe we can frag some stuff, if you are looking
try calling Dan he's out in Shilo. I will let him know ok
he's getting ready to run a coral farm out of his house he has 150 setup up with loads of LPs and softies.

he's getting ready to setup another 150 gal tank too .he's looking at setting up 3 x150 gal tanks stonies in one , softies in the other and lps in the other on. Its coming along very nice too. was just out there on my way home.. from work

Shy_Koi
02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
And you didn't stop at my house shame on you Tamara.
maybe we can frag some stuff
try calling Dan he's out in Shilo. I will let him know ok

Sorry Mike :biggrin:
It was a flying trip, there & back...
It will likely be years before I get to the fragging stage, at the rate that I'm going, :eek: but I'll keep you guys in mind.
Thanks,
~Tamara

Skimmerking
02-19-2005, 02:47 PM
No problem Tamara. are you loooking for any frags let me know , maybe Dan has some stuff you are looking for

mike