PDA

View Full Version : Calgary - Large Tang or Angel - new home ?

Buccaneer
02-17-2005, 06:49 AM
If you have a large Tang that needs a new home I have a friend that setup a 230G which currently has 2 yellow tail damsels and a couple cleaner shrimp :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
02-21-2005, 05:58 AM
Or Large Angel for that matter ... the tank is 66" L X 24" D X 34" H

chrisd
02-22-2005, 03:28 AM
I might be able to help you out. I have a fairly large yellow tang that unfortunately looks like he may be needing a new home. :sad: I don't want to give him up because he's the first fish that I purchased and the only original in my tank but he's outgrown his home. His dorsal fin is in rough shape but I think it's because he's not getting the proper nutrition and the small confines. If your friend is still interested let me know.

Buccaneer
02-22-2005, 04:56 AM
Hey Chris ... that is just what they are looking to do is to rescue some fish that are too big for their current tanks ... That Yellow Tang sounds perfect ... they are going to limit the number of fish to 9 I think so whoever gets in will have lots of swimming room.

I will send you a PM with my phone #'s

RobbAdams
02-22-2005, 02:29 PM
How about a fimbriated moray eel :redface:

chrisd
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Steve, sounds good....I'll give you a call later on today and we'll see what we can arrange for the transfer. I think it might take me a bit to net him.

Chris

Buccaneer
02-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Not familiar with that species Rob ... anything special as far as tankmates and special needs ? ... they dont have a secure enough cover for a eel though but I will ask. it would mean that I would have to make the cover :razz: :lol:

RobbAdams
02-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Well, He has never tried to Escape yet! However he does really have a taste for YTBD. Does not seem to bother Large fish, No problems with my coral beauty for instance. He does need to be hand fed a few times a week(Use Tongs). I just feed him Pieces of fish, shrimp etc. He is pretty cool looking, olive coloured body with spots, and kind of blue ring around his eyes.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/EelPIX/Moray%20Eels/Gymnothorax_fimbriatus_MARQ.jpg

He is about 12" now can get to 36" in Captivity. If you are interested let me know, and I will try to figure out how to catch him! :eek:

Buccaneer
02-23-2005, 01:48 AM
Hey Rob ... They are looking more at fish it seems but I am building a new tank in the next month or so and would be very interested in that eel ... how long can you hold him for me ?

RobbAdams
02-23-2005, 04:23 PM
It will probably take me that long to figure out how to catch him!

Cap'n
02-24-2005, 03:35 AM
I have a Naso tang which will soon outgrow its home here. Interested?

Buccaneer
02-24-2005, 04:34 AM
I would be interested but if you can hold him till the tank adjusts to the rabbitfish and Yellow tang for a few weeks ... I am sure that he will fit in just fine :cool: :biggrin:

Buccaneer
02-24-2005, 04:35 AM
It will probably take me that long to figure out how to catch him!

:lol:

Cap'n
02-25-2005, 01:44 AM
I would be interested but if you can hold him till the tank adjusts to the rabbitfish and Yellow tang for a few weeks ... I am sure that he will fit in just fine :cool: :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I'm still enjoying having Mr. T in the tank. It was fun to watch the little guy grow up. Glad to see him go to a bigger home.

Buccaneer
03-08-2005, 07:40 AM
OK Cap'n ... all set for him now ... friday OK ? ... send me a PM and we can hook up

Cheers

Cap'n
05-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Sorry it has taken so long for me to clear this up.

I told my wife a while back what I was planning to do with the naso, giving him away because he needed a larger home. She said she would miss him and shortly thereafter asked what would happen if Ling, my yellow tang, the first SW fish I bought, ever outgrew the tank. I told her that it was a definite that she would outgrow the 55 and we would eventually have to find her a new home or get a larger tank. Lisa totally surprised me with the quick response of "We'll have to get a bigger tank then." I never expected it at all. Love that girl.

So, we are looking at houses now and will soon be moving. Once we get semi-settled I will also be looking for a large tank, so it looks like I will be able to keep both tangs.

:biggrin:

Buccaneer
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
That is great news :biggrin:

Did I mention I work for a new home builder ? :razz: