PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Glass

Manny
02-17-2005, 02:50 AM
The algae on my glass seems to be growing extremely fast. I have to clean it everyday. I have not been doing anything different to the tank recently. There is also some spots of hair algae sprouting up.

Could it be that my flouecent tubes are old or maybe that my RODI filters need to be changed?

Thanks

StirCrazy
02-17-2005, 03:22 AM
Manny, are you running a skimmer? how much are you feeding ect. I get a film algae on my glass that I have to clean every second day but with out more info on your tank and equipment I wouldn't be able to guess if you are having a problem or not. as for your RO filters make some water and do a test for phosphates on it and also TDS

Steve

Manny
02-18-2005, 11:42 PM
been really buisy the last couple of days so i have not been able to reply.

I have a prizm hang on. i know they are not the greatest skimmer but it seems to do an o.k job.

i have 1 yellow tang, 1 yellow warchman, and 1 dragonet, one cleaner shrimp and a bunch of hermits. tank is a 60gal with a 30gal sump/fuge.

i put in a piece of nori every day and and feed mysis very other day. i wrap the mysis between the nori and pvc pipe so that as the nori gets consumed the mysis is released. not much gets away from the fish and the watchman is there to clean up any stray mysis.

thanks