PDA

View Full Version : nothing for my snails to eat?

digitalsteve
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
hey guys, i have a concern, i have got my tank set up , its a couple of weeks old , my lr is fully cured , it came out of an existing set up at hidden reef. and i am worried that my snails will have nothing to eat is there anyway to feed them or what whould i feed them , and i guess does anyone have a scoop or live sand they can spot me to start growth in my sand bed , tank looks great though

monza
02-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Maybe add a bunch of phospates and turn of all circulation that'll help grow some food for them :eek:

I think they'll be fine, no worries.

Dave

Willow
02-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Maybe add a bunch of phospates and turn of all circulation that'll help grow some food for them :eek:

I think they'll be fine, no worries.

Dave

jebus, send em over here, im hitting diatoms full blast into week 3!

snaggle
02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
just add some food eather flake food or forzen ad but in an alge disk or two for them to snack on in the mean time.

Brad

Murminator
02-17-2005, 12:48 AM
I tried an aglae disk or 2 because I can't grow algae either except coraline, they do pretty good for feeding hermits and bristle worms :eek: . They did almost absolutely nothing for the snails, also thought it might jump start some algae growth.

snaggle
02-17-2005, 12:53 AM
well what about those noi sheets then :question:

Brad

Murminator
02-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Would probably work if you hung it up off the bottom :mrgreen:

Manny
02-17-2005, 02:40 AM
I have never heard of people WANTING algae to grow in their tank other than carline. I wish that I could give you all my algae. :mrgreen:

I would try some nori, seems like it would be the closest thing to "living" algae.

digitalsteve
02-17-2005, 03:21 AM
i have just noticed because of my cured lr that i did nt get a signif cycle therefore i have a serious lack of algae or anything for my snails to eat and i dont want the little buggers to die as the can get pricey