PDA

View Full Version : refugiuam

1bigstud
02-16-2005, 03:10 AM
Hey everybody. I am adding a rufugium to my system I have tons of live sand which I've kept alive for about a year now (kept submersed in a bucket with a power head to circulate and heater). Any suggestions on things besides algae's to add to help thigns out??? Any ideas of places in the lowermainland where I could buy pods and other critters???

j83
02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Xenia are great nutrient exporters, they remove different nutrients than macro will, and it is no big deal if they take over your fuge, you will need good lighting for them to thrive though.

www.reefcrew.com sells pods but they aren't cheap, and you'd have to ship them from Ontario - check out the website, they have a bunch of stuff!

Willow
02-16-2005, 04:05 AM
drop a few pieces of live rock in the fuge for a few months and you should have lots of cool stuff in the sand.

monza
02-16-2005, 04:35 AM
So a bucket and sand for a year?? Skimming water changes, what did you do to keep it live sand?
Dave
edit,
Ok iI just reread your post, you kept it in your tank in a bucket correct?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-17-2005, 08:19 AM
When you come over for some macro, remind me to give you some small feather duster clusters to colonize your stuff :biggrin:

Anthony

1bigstud
02-18-2005, 04:33 AM
Thanks guys.