PDA

View Full Version : to keep with the current trend...

michika
02-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Is it jinx on edmonton reef-keepers week or something? This is just crazy, first its Ed's tank, then its Neiman's sump, what next?

Dez
02-15-2005, 11:37 PM
I lost a few corals a couple of weeks ago ( one of my favourite colonies), But then again, I went away for 10 days. Then this week one of my frag return pumps quit (mag7), a few hours later the other frag return pump quit (another mag 7). It comes with the hobby though. Thought about throwing in the towel.....it also would be so much easier to move if I threw in the towel. Believe it or not, it's my wife that might not let me throw in the towel :eek:

There, it's vented :lol:

des

michika
02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Ironically just after I posted this thread my countertop that my tank is on now started to creak. My counter must have just decided to "settle" and about half my rockwork just tumbled over barely missing my clam and my acro frags.

I need a bigger tank....and a new stand...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-16-2005, 02:56 AM
That's what you get for tempting fate, Michika. :lol: It's like saying "Shutout" with 2 min. left in the game or I never get into accidents before a long road trip. My friend Matt told me that he had never had a leak when we were discussing his tank/sump set-up & of course, 2 days later I got a call about how his hose let go & 30+ gallons were lost & now the downstairs tenants are very pleased with his tank above their heads :evil:

Richer
02-16-2005, 03:38 AM
My topoff line came loose and let go about 3 gallons of kalk water on the floor yesterday :evil:

-Rich

muck
02-16-2005, 04:39 AM
My topoff line came loose and let go about 3 gallons of kalk water on the floor yesterday :evil:

-Rich
Didn't that happen before Rich..?? :confused:

Richer
02-16-2005, 05:07 AM

-Rich
Didn't that happen before Rich..?? :confused:

Yup. I've been meaning to put together some sort of holder for the line, but I've never gotten around to it... I really should do something :confused:

-Rich

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-16-2005, 05:30 AM
Zap strap!

ABreefkpr
02-16-2005, 07:09 AM

-Rich

I've had the return line from calcuim reactor come out and empty the 30 gal sump onto the floor(I think my daughter was trying to help. :confused:

Keith

mr_alberta
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
I've had my Kalk drip hose drip onto my girlfriend nice wooden flute she bought in Taiwan. Boy was she NOT happy :evil:

Edmonton Eskimo
02-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Did you sleep on the couch for a while Harvey?

mr_alberta
02-17-2005, 03:09 AM
I have yet to move back into the bed!

rusty
02-17-2005, 03:20 AM
I have got a tank in my master bedroom that is just keeping some live rock going. No stand under it I just have it on a piece of wood on the floor. Can you imagine my suprise when I find out the my One year old daughter got into my room and was using a yougart container as a bailling bucket :eek:

snaggle
02-17-2005, 03:57 AM
I've had my Kalk drip hose drip onto my girlfriend nice wooden flute she bought in Taiwan. Boy was she NOT happy :evil:

so when you leave for Taiwan Harvey? I am going good in my tanks :eek: nock on wood. but I dont live in edmonton :lol: .

hope things get better for all soon.

Brad

Dez
02-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Just had one of my large colonies rtn, this was a really nice coral I got from Delphinus, he considered it a frag, I considered it a colony :cry:

Oh well....so it goes with the hobby.

des

Delphinus
02-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Bummer guys. :frown: Hang in there though. It's cyclical ... or at least it has been in my experience. Things will get better.

Dez after you're moved and settled in, drop me a line and let's get that tank filled again.