PDA

View Full Version : Flood o_0

Nemain
02-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok... so everything went perfectly last night.. you know what that means.. flood while sleeping :P

My hose from my return somehow came unattached (obviously the boyfriends fault *nods* :P) and sprayed water all over the place.. both my new skimmer pump and my return pump ran dry.. i have no idea for how long.. maybe 6 hours. The return is a rio.. and I am pretty much afraid to plug it back in o_O

Long story short... any suggestions for a new pump?

Beth

mr_alberta
02-14-2005, 03:05 PM
What GPH are you looking at for returns Beth? Does it have to be external or submersible? I personally like the Velocity series of pumps (now called "Posiedon"). Also, you can't really go wrong with a Mag series.

Nemain
02-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Well at this point it could be either, as everything is apart already... i was looking at the posidion... do you know if they have them at AI? I would like to pick it up ASAP as my tank is runing sumpless while I figure out what to do =(

I am making a sweeping guess at about 900 - 1100 flow.

mr_alberta
02-14-2005, 04:22 PM
The only place that I know of that carries the Posiedon is JL aquatics. You could always borrow one for now (I know Dez has one) and order one in from JL's...

muck
02-14-2005, 04:24 PM
The only place that I know of that carries the Posiedon is JL aquatics. You could always borrow one for now (I know Dez has one) and order one in from JL's...
It would be way cheaper then anyways... :cool:

Nemain
02-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I have a quite one 4000 from the old skimmer, I am going to try to hook that bad boy up first and see what happens.

What is the reef safe silicon again? Prolly going to need some of that...

Looks like I have to replace the cieling in the basement too =(

Any other suggestions while I am at it :P

Beth

eddie holland
02-14-2005, 06:59 PM
sorry to here about what happen.i had the same thing happen last night the bottom of my tank let go 240 gal all over.hope the floor is ok only time will tell.

mr_alberta
02-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I have a quite one 4000 from the old skimmer, I am going to try to hook that bad boy up first and see what happens.

What is the reef safe silicon again? Prolly going to need some of that...

Looks like I have to replace the cieling in the basement too =(

Any other suggestions while I am at it :P

Beth

GE Silicone I (Window and Door). Or just pick up the super expensive All-Glass stuff from the LFS. Whatever you do, don't use Kitchen and Bath silicone.

Dabbler
02-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Man what is it this past weekend. I to had a spray bar pop out of my tank and start flooding my basement, lucky for me I just lost about 10 gal. Sorry to hear about your tank eddie and beth. :sad:

Nemain
02-14-2005, 08:09 PM
ouch ~ Seems like a bad time for equipment all together, I am sitting at work.. worrying about the state of my tank.. sick days should totally over tank mishaps!!!

mr_alberta
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
You should just set up a webcam pointed at your tank. Then you can just watch it from work :cool:

Nemain
02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
That is a great idea =) I even have the kids computer going in on the other side of the room!!!!!!!!! So not much in the way of wiring to worry about!!!!!

Nemain
02-15-2005, 02:00 AM
looks like we have a problem, when we were trying to get everyting hooked back up .. the return tubing.bulkehead started to leak.. so we though.. oh hey lets jsut take it off and clean it out while we are at it.....

Now ... its half undone, and we cant get it off any more.. am i missing something???? Any other way to take it off???????

Thinking I will have to call AI for an emergency plumbing job =(

Beth

snaggle
02-15-2005, 02:12 AM
you can try and go back a couple of turns that might lossen it off. It sounds like it might be cross threaded so you migh thave to just crack it off and buy a new one. I think Frank at supper family pets keeps some on hand but they are expensive.

Brad

Nemain
02-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Yup had to cut it... and have to buy a new one and re do everything o_O jeeze.. I wanted to redo my plumbing, but not like this ! So very frustrating o_o