PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Aqua C Remora pro

raquel
02-11-2005, 04:53 AM
I notice that my Aqua C remora pro is not producing black skimmate. And I dont think that there is enough foam being produced. Do I need to clean the venturi part or the pump?

Thanks!

G1GY
02-11-2005, 05:03 AM
It will get dark brown, but not anywhere near black.

raquel
02-11-2005, 05:15 AM
Yep, I know it wont get black, but it definitely has changed and become like water over the last few months. I am wondering if people clean something other than the skimmer cup.

danny zubot
02-11-2005, 02:58 PM
I find that when any skimmer gets the slime on its inner walls it doesn't work as well. You'll see the differance after cleaning the inside of the skimmer.

Ken
02-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi, there is a cleaner brush included in the remora pro. If the spray foam is less than adequate, remove the plastic white screw from the spray injector and clean it with the brush. Put the screw back in carefully and donot overtight. Cleaning the pump helps as well and should be done during maintenance. Regards Ken

raquel
02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Aha, that makes sense. Thanks for the advice. The cleaning begins today. :biggrin:

raquel

ron101
02-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Running my Pro in a bucket of vinegar solution for a day or two brought the flow rate back up nicely.

megatron_55
02-13-2005, 01:20 AM
I have had the aqua C remora and I have not cleaned it for about two years now (I only clean the maxi jet and the collection cup) and it still works like I just bought it yesterday. (Have you tried taking the little plastic screw inside and using the brush that came with it??) How about adjusting the elastic around the cup??