PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip . . . Hidden reef

megatron_55
02-11-2005, 04:43 AM
Hey peeps . . . . I really really really want to go to hidden reef and I'm sure some of you guys havn't been there for a while . . . Seahorse_Fanatic, Willow, Knightryder . . . we should all go one weekend! How far is it from delta? Zerandise, Sumpin_fishe, Big_Daddy, chin lee .. you guys are welcome to come too as we all pretty much live close by. What are your schedules??? Anyone heading out there anytime soon?? :onfire: Road trip ppl!!! :drinking:

Zerandise
02-11-2005, 04:59 AM
sound good to me. I was just out there for the first time a couple weeks ago.

BCWolfen
02-11-2005, 06:30 AM
not to hijack thread, but on same topic, I'm over in Van Sat or Sun (will know for sure tomorrow night) to go to J&L if anyone is interested in meeting.

Zer - You gonna come down?

Nanaimo folks - if there is anything you want picked up let me know, order ahead and hold for pickup by Gerald. I'm grabbing a cleaner crew and catching the next ferry back after we've loaded.

sumpfinfishe
02-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I will be heading out sat around noonish, they had an invert shipment in on thurs so I might sse somebody there :biggrin:

Zerandise
02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
what boat you takin over? If you come by the tunnel I can show you how to get there. If you come by horseshoe bay i might be able to meet ya there.

Give me a shout you know the number ;)

danny zubot
02-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Road trip ppl!!!

:cool: :cool:

megatron_55
02-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Rich . . . . I wanna come :biggrin: LMK!

Zerandise
02-12-2005, 03:18 AM
I think i am going to be busy moving the 55g into the 140g this weekend. not sure i will be able to make it out.

Its going to take most the weekend just to get it done as i am doing it by myself.

My wife is REALLY tired of the downstairs looking like a hell hole with tanks all over (4 tanks downstairs alone). hmmm two of them are hers..... a 90g FW comm tank and a 15g nano tank. so what if one of mine is a 140g....she also has the oscar tank upstairs and a 10g feeder tank.

hmmm now that i think about it who is the one with a prob hyere? me with 2 tanks or her with 4?

heh will have to bring that up to her!!!!

BCWolfen
02-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Rob, we'll be on a very early Saturday ferry. Visiting with Amber's mom in the morn so she can see the new Jack Russell puppy. Then, if you want, we can swing your way to pick you up say between 12-1pm and head over to J&L. I can call you once we're on the way. Depending on what time we finish at J&L's we'll be heading either Tawwassen or Horseshoe, whichever ferry sailing is next. So we could possibly give you a ride back home too. (You know you'll need to take a break from moving teh tank to get those thingys you forgot :wink:)

Judging by map and guessing drive time, I'd say we would be hitting J&L's about 2-3pm?? Be cool to meet a few other Reefers :biggrin:

BCWolfen
02-13-2005, 03:40 AM
ACK!!!! J&L's is the Devil!!!! What started out as a lil trip to Van to pick up a cleaner crew ended up as a $416.00 shopping spree. And there was still more I wanted!!! Its just not safe to go in there!!!! LOL

Very happy though, gots lots I needed that isn't available here in Nanaimo.

megatron_55
02-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Wolfen what goodies did you buy??? :eek: !!! Anything new/interesting?? LMK!

BCWolfen
02-13-2005, 06:39 AM
I didn't get anything real exciting just critters and equipment I needed and a couple of clowns. But its all New and interesting to me. Got back to Nam at 4:30 and have been sitting in front of tank ever since. (11:39 now) :eek:
Lets see, I got cleaner pkg #4, 10 Nassarius Snails, 3 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Emerald Crab, 2 little clowns (wife really wanted one lol), 15lbs of live rock (2 nice pieces), 12 lbs of reef rock, a TDS meter, a digital thermometer, iodine, phtyoplankton...umm I think thats it. But its sure adds up quick. A few of the things (rock mainly) were for a friend in town so I'll get some $$ back.