PDA

View Full Version : (Q) How to remove BTA's?

chwkreefer
02-10-2005, 08:51 PM
My (brown/green) BTA has split 4 times over the past 6 months and I'm wondering what's a good way to remove them from the rock(s).

BTW my BTA's only seem to grow to a 3" diameter and then they split, what's the deal with that? They never seem to get any bigger.

Bill

sumpfinfishe
02-10-2005, 09:09 PM
The best way is to get a small powerhead and direct it at the base of the bta, while the current is gently blowing-not blasting, slowly with your finger massage the edge of one side of the base until it starts to lift. Keep massaging underneath the bta until it completley lets go, don't go ripping it off the rock once it has partially lifted.

chwkreefer
02-10-2005, 10:10 PM
The best way is to get a small powerhead and direct it at the base of the bta, while the current is gently blowing-not blasting, slowly with your finger massage the edge of one side of the base until it starts to lift. Keep massaging underneath the bta until it completley lets go, don't go ripping it off the rock once it has partially lifted.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot.

albert_dao
02-10-2005, 11:22 PM
Actually, I found the foot of the anemone to be fairly resilient to tearing and abbrassions. I just manhandle them off the rocks now. Seriously.

Willow
02-11-2005, 12:43 AM
Actually, I found the foot of the anemone to be fairly resilient to tearing and abbrassions. I just manhandle them off the rocks now. Seriously.

yeah that or you hack em off with a powerhead you butcher! :razz:

Nemo
02-11-2005, 01:01 AM

yeah that or you hack em off with a powerhead you butcher! :razz:

LMFA

At least he got one to split