PDA

View Full Version : BBS - Wow that's cool

AndyL
02-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Well, I happened to have some freshly hatched BBS on hand... The 2.75g was a little low salinity wise (must have a slow leak, since the SG keeps dropping slowly between w/c's) so I figured what the heck... Added a little bbs and brine straight from the hatchery.

All I can say is WOW, the change in some of the corals was neat to watch, GSP got a very different look (Like the arms of the polyps suddenly developed little teeth - hard to explain) Candy cane's puffed up and stuck out their tentacles (never seen that before lights out before) All the monti's polyps suddenly came out a LOT more than usual.

No real change on the zoos - but those few stubborn polyps that haven't come out did open up in a hurry.

And I sure see what deb meant by all kinds of amrs sticking out at feeding time :) Must have a dozen brittles now! little zebrastriped arms sticking out of every crevasse!

Ok, I'll crawl back under my rock now :mrgreen: Forgot how boring it is sitting around waiting for WCB to call is.

Andy

muck
02-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Sounds like something I may have to try sometime.. :mrgreen:

danny zubot
02-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Do you normally target feed your corals? I don't but they do exactly what you decribed whenever I disturb the sandbed.

AndyL
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
LOL well in a 2.75g tank just about anything is "Target fed" :) But no as yet I haven't target fed.

Andy

michika
02-15-2005, 11:15 PM
BBS? = baby brine shrimp?

Tarolisol
02-16-2005, 12:05 AM
Where did you get the BBS and how did you hatch it?

AndyL
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
BBS eggs came from regina111 on aquabid (good price excellent service)

Hatched using the 'standard' 2L pop bottle method.

And yes, bbs = baby brine shrimp (in my case live)

Andy