PDA

View Full Version : Oh the frustration!

Matt
02-10-2005, 12:39 AM
Just venting, looking for a little sympathy. After weeks of waiting, we finally added a couple of fish to our 10g nano. They settled in for a few days, and everything looked so good....

Then, last night at 12:00 (the witching hour), I heard the most unnerving sound: Thwuck... SSSSSSSHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH....

All the water promptly poured from the tank and onto the floor. I had a batch of water ready for water changes, but not heated. I salvaged a bit of water from the tank before it completely emptied, but I had no choice except to throw everything alive into the SW bucket and add what little I had salvaged. Once it was emptied, I found the problem: a crack from end to end on the bottom. I threw a powerhead into the bucket and we cleaned up and went to bed.

We bought a new tank today and put everything back in. No fancy acclimation, just dump and pray. So far everything seems OK. We've accounted for all the critters and fish.

Wish us luck for survival!

Matthew

Marcus K
02-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Wow, good luck and hope everything lives.

Marcus

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-10-2005, 02:44 AM
That sucks dude.

Hope you can save your critters.

Anthony

PrairieReefer
02-10-2005, 03:59 AM
Sometimes you acclimate so carefully and critters still take the change hard. Other times you have no choice and you dump and pray and everything looks great. I hope you got lucky and things will keep looking great.

I had a 7g bowfront that split about 1 inch from the bottom right on the bowfront. Luckily at the time there was nothing in it. My turtle (red eared slider) had just been in it for 2 days while his home was cleaned and renovated, and he had been moved back an hour before. The small tanks are made just a little to lite I feel. They don't have to hold alot of weight, but bump them wrong or happen to shift them wrong and the glass can't take it.

Anyway, hope everything turns out ok.

muck
02-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Hope everything pulls through. Keep us updated... :frown:

Did you find any reason as to why it cracked all of a sudden..?? :confused:

Matt
02-11-2005, 12:48 AM
:biggrin: 30 hours later... Everything is alive and eating. Thanks to everyone for their support. I've got a new batch of SW aging and will do a top-off tomorrow, as the tank is only 2/3 full at the moment, then I'll post a piccy of the thing.

Best,
Matthew