PDA

View Full Version : micro bubbles help!!!!

inspector
02-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Hi everyone,I need help getting rid of micro bubbles.I just filled my 72gal bowfront tank with a 30 gal sump.the tank has a corner overflow the sump is 4ft long the pump is a little giant 4mdsqx external.i don't know if it will get better when i add caulerpa to the sump and rock in the tank.if anyone has any ideas please let me know thanks Paul

Invigor
02-09-2005, 03:27 PM
how full is the overflow, is it just crashing down? and how does it enter your sump? is it crashing into there creating bubbles...you can try stuffing some filter floss in the baffles of your sump to help filter them out as well..

if your overflow is crashing down with water, you might consider making yourself a "durso standpipe"

inspector
02-09-2005, 03:45 PM
hi,the overflow is only down about 2-3",i tried the durso but it still had bubbles and i did,nt get enough flow.i,ll try some filter floss thanks paul

mr_alberta
02-09-2005, 03:55 PM
how is your sump layed out? Is it drain from tank -> baffle ->baffle->baffle->return pump at other end of sump? Live Rock in the sump may help cut down some bubbles as well as filter floss, but make sure you clean the floss often as it quickly can become plugged up with gunk.

muck
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Some pictures of your setup and sump might help.. :confused:

danny zubot
02-09-2005, 04:51 PM
I find a course filter sponge works well and won't clog up as quickly.

sumpfinfishe
02-10-2005, 03:23 AM
I also use a course pond filter sponge at the return of the skimmer(last baffle before return to tank), just be sure to clean or replace it every week or so-no point in sending clean water through a dirty filter.

Skimmerking
02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
i used to use the aqua clear 500 filter sponge ,worked very well too.

mike